Monday, November 2, 2015

Hungry?


Apparently we will not be eating dinner on Sunday, doh!

Week two of our meal plan and I feel like I have scored a major victory, I planned ahead (two weeks in a row), shopped and now it is time to chow down.  Last week’s dinner plan did not go exactly as planned, on Thursday we had an unexpected/expected (aka the Sheriff forgot they were coming over) visit from the Sheriff’s parents at lunch time, so being that I come home every day for lunch their unexpected visit made it possible for me to finally meet them.  Yep, after three years of dating I finally met them, don’t ask me why it has taken soooooooo long to meet them, that subject has a huge range of emotions on my part.  Anywho, they waited for me to get off work and we all went out to dinner so no cooking that night and Saturday night due to the thawing out of some lobster meat that was going to be used in Thursday night’s dinner we rearranged things on Saturday night, so some of last week’s dinner plans made it onto this week’s line-up, do you follow?   


I mentioned last week that I would be making a honey balsamic chicken dish and I would report back as to how it was, it was a newbie and I am always nervous cooking new meals as if it is my job to make sure it tastes good and lives up to everyone’s expectations.  Well, let’s just say winner winner chicken dinner!  It was so easy to make, I made the marinade for the chicken the night before and marinated the chicken overnight for added flavor, chopped up the potatoes and tomatoes, drizzled some olive oil, salted and peppered the dish, topped it with chicken and threw it in the oven and lightning speed.  After about 20 minutes I added the asparagus and dinner was done!  I also made a really good white wine sauce (recipe below and found somewhere on the internet by my assistant google) for our zoodles and clams lobster; did you know that finding fresh clams is darn near impossible?  

White Wine Sauce

4 cloves of garlic

1/4 cup of olive oil

5 tbsp. butter

1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes

1 tsp. kosher salt

1/2 tsp. pepper

1/2 white wine

1/2 chopped parsley

1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese

Directions:

Heat olive oil over medium heat.

Add garlic, red pepper and sauté until golden.

Add salt, pepper, wine and butter.

Stir for 2 minutes, remove from heat and add pour on zoodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment