Thursday, November 26, 2015

I'm Dreaming of....

I am starting to dream about the holidays!   I have had some Christmas tunes playing in the car a bit, found a cute little project for the Sheriff  or Super Dad me to complete and I am dreaming of all of the food that will be cooked/served and enjoyed with others.  

I am not sure how Christmas is going to go down this year, the Sheriff has it off which is nice, there is Mr. Pie to consider (not sure how much we are going to have to share him this year), then there is the Sheriff’s parents (I invited them to over via the Sheriff, but…..) and then there is my family who of course I want to be with, so things are complicated.  So instead of dealing with logistics I am dreaming of comfort food for the holidays.  I saw this pass by my Facebook feed a few weeks ago and I am thinking that I will be making it on Christmas morning for whoever wants to enjoy it with me. 

The Sheriff does not eat bread, so more for me!!

1 Baguette
5 large eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream or whole milk
4 oz cooked bacon bits
4 oz cheese
2 green onions thinly sliced

In a medium bowl, mix eggs, cream, bacon, cheese, and onions.
Cut a long rectangle through the top of the baguette and partially unstuff the baguette. Spoon the mixture into the baguette.  Bake for 25 minutes at 350 F.  Cut and serve while still warm.


Then there is the Christmas tree, I love the smell of a fresh tree from Home Depot (LOL, the private Christmas Tree lots are EXPENSIVE!) but the thought of shelling out $60 + dollars, watching it die a slow death and throwing it away kills me.  I am not sure I can do the traditional fake Christmas tree, so I have found one made out of recycled materials that is a bit different and will fit the small space we have and it won’t die or cost a lot of my hard earned $$$. All I need is Super Dad’s amazing skills, tools and expertise to get er done! I am thinking of modifying the design so it can be taken apart and stored somewhat easily in the off season.   
I am thinking or replacing the bow with a start and OF course colored lights will be used because white lights are LAME-O!

Oh and Happy Thanksgiving, as always we have so much to be thankful for!  #cantforgettheturkey

No comments:

Post a Comment