Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Dreaming!

We are about three weeks into the big “change your relationship move” and if you ask me things are going pretty well.  Living with two guys is interesting and when one of them is 11 years old it can be a tad bit frustrating, it is kind of like living with a mini tornado all of the time!  I am not proud to say I have lost my mind several times and almost cried about spilled milk juice three times in one week.  Seriously I do not understand the logic of placing a cup of juice on a coffee table at the dogs level TWICE and each time it getting knocked over and spilling ALL OVER our poor rug or taking a cup of juice to your room and spilling it on the wood floor and just letting the dog lick it up as your way of cleaning the mess and leaving a huge sticky spot on the floor.  I yelled the first time because “dude our rug” and “dude we need to keep the things we have nice cause we are moving and we cannot have a stained rug when showing the house”.  The first time I cleaned it up and the second and third times he cleaned it up because I am not cleaning up his spills anymore.  The dogs have made me a little crazy, they can be so needy sometimes, Ebo found his voice and the Sheriff encourages it to help build “his confidence” oh dear God, when I heard that I died a little inside, I don’t need a barking dog in my life and the next door neighbor and I had a little run in regarding all of his tree leaves and spiky balls that fall from his tree into our yard and me kindly returning them to him, he did not seem to appreciate the pile of them dumped into his yard via the bucket and over the fence method so I will be sure to bag them up and place them on his front porch the next time I do yardwork.  With all that said, things are really good, I was a little nervous leaving my quiet space and moving in and if someone knew I needed a little reassurance that I made the right decisions, I had this crazy dream the other night that I was on several different roller coasters.  In my dream I was sitting in the very front row, riding the tallest roller coasters known to man and I could feel/see the coaster climbing and climbing and climbing and then we would reach the top and go over the hump and drop just a little bit and go right back up again but not as high.  This would happen again and again, most of the time I was by myself in the front with people behind me and sometimes the Sheriff would be sitting next to me, it was crazy.  Another part of my dream I was on a straightaway and the roller coaster was spinning tightly around the track, it was intense but not out of control.  I remember a lot of my dreams but this one really stuck out in my mind and given all of the changes going on I did a little Google research to see if I could find any meaning in this dream.  I found several sites that talked about roller coaster dreams and what they mean.  Basically they are good dreams if you don’t feel the drop or have the long falling feeling which I really did not, most of the time I got to the top, went over the hump and it stopped there or it went down a short distance and right back up again.  But the best part was that I was riding up front and I found that it meant when you are sitting at the front of the roller coaster, then this is a sign of taking the challenges head on and being in the excitement and submerging yourself.

Here is a little bit more about what roller coaster dreams mean, I kindly borrowed this information from the internet…

The symbol of the roller coaster means that you will be challenged in life, as the bumpy ride is how you will feel about a situation. How did you feel about the rollercoaster? Was it big? Were you excited? Your feeling in the dream state will give you an idea of how to approach the problem. For instance, say you don't want to ride the rollercoaster because you are too frightened then this can show that you will encounter a scary situation that will worry you in real life. This is just a reflection of your feeling in the dream. To dream of enjoying the ride and having "fun" riding on the rollercoaster and having this excitement is also associated to how you will feel in life soon. When you dream about a roller coaster, often there is a lot going on and your life, you are experiencing a time of flux, erratic behaviors, or simply a lot of excitement. Dreams of roller coasters can be both positive and negative.

We all have moments in life when things seems overwhelming but it is a good kind of excitement such as a new job, getting married, having a baby, entering college, or taking on a new challenge in life. When you are sitting at the front of the roller coaster, then this is a sign of taking the challenges head on and being in the excitement and submerging yourself. If you linger in the back, are nervous or decide last minute that you are not going to ride, you want to consider how you can be more assertive in your own waking life and what you are avoiding.

Now I need to stop dreaming and go unpack my stuff that I keep saying I will unpack today, sadly the unpacking fairy has yet to show her face and help out! 


Until then Sweet Dreams! 

Image result for roller coaster

No comments:

Post a Comment