House hunting, I always thought it would be super fun but in reality it is exhausting. The Sheriff and I have been on the hunt for the last four or five weeks, mainly checking realtor.com like it is our job and mapping out and going to open houses on the weekends. So far we have been to close to around twenty-five houses and have found three that we really like.
The first one we fell in love with (maybe just me on the love part, the Sheriff liked it) was this four bedroom fixer upper, it was a hoarder house that had all of the trash removed, but it needed a lot of work. The Sheriff and I were up for the challenge and we had roped Super Dad into thinking it was a great idea to want to help us, but in the end the listing agent who was part owner of the house was not willing to negotiate and we were not going to pay full price for the house. Part of me is very sad that we did not put an offer in but the rational part of me knew there would be no more $$$ for repairs, so in the end it was not meant to be.
The second house was the most perfect house, it was beautiful inside, had a good size lot, was in a good location and only needed a little bit of touch up paint. We spent a lot of time looking at it, weighing pros and cons (no downstairs bedroom or three car garage), but in the end I was in love and I wanted it. If you ever watch "Say Yes to the Dress" they say when you cry over the dress than you have found "the one", well I wanted to cry when I thought "this is the house", I was ready to put in an offer and make it ours only to find out that the house was already in escrow with another buyer and the listing agent had not changed the status of the house. I really wanted to cry at that point!
The third house we randomly stumbled upon while we were out cruising open houses yesterday. This house is way overpriced in my opinion, every room needs to be updated and it has a few layout quirks to it, but it has a pool and a ton of potential and we can definitely see us living there.
And these are a few that I want to go see in the near future, some are above our price range, some are below and some are just right. But for now I think we will just hang tight and see how the Sheriff's house does and when we have a solid offer we will drag our agent back out our way to go and see them.
This house has been on the market for awhile now, perhaps it is the horrible decor inside that is deterring people from it, I on the other hand like a good project.
Who would not want this backyard? This house will probably go quick, quicker than we will be ready for it, but I still want to see it.
This house has good bones but a ugly backyard, thankfully we have a landscape designer in the family!
And for kicks, I have started taking pictures of ugly light fixtures that could be ours if the price is right, lol!
Please note, the flower wallpaper that would most definitely need to go!


No comments:
Post a Comment