This year February 23, marks eight years since I started my first full-time job, wow eight years, I cannot believe it. Eight years ago I had just graduated college, I had reached my 999 hours with the City of Cupertino, so I was out of a job there, I moved back to Southern California, I was dating a guy I really liked (a pilot, I know, I should of learned my lesson then) and I was offered the best first time job anyone could ask for with the City of Laguna Hills.
Now rewind three years; I was offered another great/my current job with the City of Rancho Santa Margarita. It was a job I applied for on a whim, I was out with my Mom, we were going over to Timeless Treasures ( a guilty pleasure of ours) and since were in the neighborhood I decided to drop off my application and resume off at City Hall, had we not been out shopping, I am not sure I would of dropped the application off since it was the last day to apply for the job. I look back on that day often, I even remember what I was wearing and I sometimes think what was I thinking by waiting till the very last minute and only applying for the job because I was in the neighborhood, can you say LAZY or IRRESPONSIBLE? I guess it just proves that everything happens for a reason.
I was scheduled to start on February 23, but I had been lucky enough to have hip surgery a couple days before and was able to push my start date back to March 2. Again another reason why I view February with a warm fuzzy feeling! I had waited two months to get an appointment with this amazing surgeon and she was able to squeeze me in to fix my hip 9 days before my health insurance was going run out with Laguna Hills and before I started my new job, had that not happened I would of had to wait months before I had enough sick/vacation time and would of had to pay a lot more $$$ to have it all taken care of.
Today marks two years since I started blogging, holy cow, I cannot believe it has been two years. I have to say this blog is pretty much everything I hoped and dreamed it would be (I know, kind of a silly thing to say), I feel like for the first time in my life I have been able to keep a journal of my life with all of the ups and downs, the funny things I see in the world around me, my three favorite kiddo's and a way to share many of my interests and hobbies.
I know these are only a couple things that have happened in my life, but I feel that these things have really made a huge impact in my life and I will always be forever grateful for them. So here is to many great February's and February 23's and to many more that will come!
CHEERS!
No comments:
Post a Comment