Thursday, July 19, 2012

CHCHCHanges, 9 man style!

So I have been a bit behind on blogging the last couple weeks only because my life has been crazy BUSY, so here is my attempt to get back to it, I hope to be caught up on the crazy life of erin by the end of this week!  Not sure if I have mentioned, I LOVE my new hobby, it is not just a love it is an obsession, I can't wait to get to practice each day and I have so much fun I don't wanna go home.  On Sunday, we had a shorter practice, we worked on our 9 man race changes for about an hour and I have to say this was the funnest (i know that is not a word) EVER, oh my gosh; we laughed, we cheered each other on and had a great time and best of all it was all caught on video.   You know how I take a gazillion million pictures of my three favorite kiddo's, well the folks at DOCC like to take tons of pictures too, maybe that is why I like them so much!  It is kind of funny, when I started paddling I was kind of bummed that there would never be a chance for me to take pics while paddling and I would miss out documenting this part of my life, thankfully they have stepped up and done that for me.  Here is a video that our coach Rich put together from Sunday's practice, I am dressed in black with a sun visor on so you can spot me.


Novice Change Practice from Rich Long on Vimeo.


Ok, so practice was not all fun and games, it kind of hurt when climbing into the boat, I have so many bruises on my body it looks like have been beat!  I am only showing you a picture of my arm, cause if I showed you the bruises on the rest of my body, this blog would go from being rated G to R in the matter of seconds, so picture the above photo all over my legs and thighs, ya not pretty, but I sure am proud of those wounds.

and this photo, because I forgot to post it on Saturday......

yep, this is how I roll on race day, total dork!  Let's just say I am seriously contemplating getting a wagon to haul all of my stuff, it can be a long walk sometimes with this load.



No comments:

Post a Comment