Friday, July 6, 2012

Up in the clouds!

The week has just about come to an end and my staycation is just about over.  It was overcast all week except for today, I had a fever 4 out of the 5 days, very little energy and I got nothing done, it was not the vacation I was hoping for, but it is all good cause I got some much needed rest.  This is what I did all week........

-Went to the Dentist, yay for me, I have a freakin cavity, yep, getting that sucker drilled in a couple weeks, can you say FUN?

-Got my oil changed and car serviced, have to go back to have my tires balanced.  ERRR!

-Helped my friend Lisa shorten her window blinds, dude, I am an awesome friend with awesome friend skills.

-Gave up on cleaning my house, maybe by Sunday I will get it done.

-Did a couple loads of laundry, nothing says FUN like laundry.

-Ate an entire pan of brownies by myself (actually my friend Melisa had one brownie), so I ate 95% of it myself.

-Had lunch with my Mom, yay for lunch dates with my Mom!

-Went to the new Hobby Lobby, holy mother of all things crafty, how come no one warned me, that place is awesome, so awesome it is dangerous, I seriously needed a nap after visiting from over stimulation, I am so not allowed in there again. 



I swear after all of the rest and non-thinking all week my head was in the clouds all day today, it started off with me driving to HB for a facial, only to start freaking out thinking I was supposed to drop Gracie off at camp this morning so she could play all day and then spend the night since I would be gone all day tomorrow.  I called the Pet Suites to explain why Gracie was not there only to come to find out that I did not book her a room.  I was so confused since I had booked all of her stays at once, I booked her a room, promised to drop her off before 5pm and went for my facial.  I used to wonder why everyone seemed to know Gracie when we would walk in and I always attributed it to her wild behavior, but I have come to realize that it is not Gracie's behavior that makes her well known, it is mine and my random I have not had coffee yet, so I make no sense phone calls that have made us well known there.  I am not going to lie, this is not the first time we have had a "I forgot to book a room situation".  

Go to my facial, everything is ok, leave, check Facebook and notice people are talking about practice tomorrow and not the race, WTF, what is wrong, I swear we have a race tomorrow, even go as far as commenting about the race, only to find out that we really have practice tomorrow not a race, that sooooo explains why Gracie did not have a room at the Pet Suites, OMG Erin, pull your head out of the clouds and if you are reading this and it does not make any sense, its probably because I need a nap, I am really tired, I have no idea why!

Did anyone notice there was no mention of bike riding, beach going, surfing, dog walking, paddling, you know all the things I like to do and wanted to do?   Yep, that's because none of that happened.

VACATION FAIL! 

 Oh well, we will try again next year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment