Sunday, April 6, 2014

Happy (early) Birthday!

Happy Sunday night everyone, said no one EVER.  Is it really time to go back to work in the morning?  Ugh.  The Sheriff, Mr. Pie and I had a great Sunday together as always.  It was another busy one because we try and jam everything in that we want to do in about 12 hours.  The Sheriff dropped Mr. Pie off at my house at 6am, dear god that is way to early, but he wanted to hit paddling practice early so that we could get on with our day and drive out to the Bass Pro Shop (we love that place).  It actually worked out great, Mr. Pie and I were able to put the finishing touches to the cake that I baked from scratch and wrap the Sheriff's bday present cause wouldn't you know it but the Sheriff is having a birthday on Tuesday.  

I needed coffee this morning bad, so we walked over to Starbucks.  Mr. Pie walked Gracie the entire way which was awesome.

After coffee we did the frosting for the cake.  Mom, I am so sorry for all of the years begging you to let me lick the bowl, dang that is annoying.  Mr. Pie asked me probably 8 times in about 5 mins if he could lick the bowl and of course I said yes.  However, by the 5th time I was so over him ask me.

After the sugar kicked in from the frosting Mr. Pie and Gracie had a wrestling match and I think Gracie won.

Mr. Pie channeling his inner Davy Crockett with his coon skin hat.  One of the reasons we went to the Bass Pro Shop was to get the boy this hat, cause we he has to do a book report on good ole Davy and dress up as him for his presentation.  

Here is the cake I baked, it turned out pretty good.  The Sheriff wanted a banana cake, so this what he got.  I secretly high-fived myself for a job well done.  Can you see the 45 in the candles, yes he is getting old.

Make A Wish



The Sheriff opening his gift from Mr. Pie and I.

Board shorts and a t-shirt, his standard gift from me.  I need to do better in the gift giving dept.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (early)!

I hope you had a great day today and enjoyed your cake and presents, here is to another great year.


No comments:

Post a Comment