Thursday, April 24, 2014

My Spring Break!

Darn, it is Thursday, I took this week off  from work and took a blogging break as well, I needed both and I am feeling sort of recharged but mostly tired.  This is the most free time I have had in a long time and my body and brain are enjoying it so much that I am exhausted when doing absolutely nothing.  So what have I been up to you ask?  Well lets see!  For starters, paddling, I paddle paddle paddle, it NNNEEEVVVEEERRR seems to end, good thing I love it, but hot damn it sucks the life out of you sometimes!

I am in the turquoise, paddling as best I can all the while trying to figure out the new stroke technique!

This is probably my favorite cartoon.  All of my coworkers call paddling rowing and it makes me crazy.  They do not understand the difference, perhaps this will help clarify it.

The other day my car decided to make the world's worst noise on my way home from the beach, so with a quick phone call to the parents we had arranged for me to drop my car off at the repair shop and take Super Dads car back to work.  Super Dad's car was on track to turn 100,000 miles that day and he was bummed he was going to miss it, so I promised I would take a picture.  And yes, I was driving 65mph down the 405 freeway when I took this picture and yes, the cars in front of me were breaking and no I do not recommend doing that ever again.  Turns out there was nothing wrong with my car, so instead she got an oil change along with $300 in needed maintenance and was all better when I picked her up.  I don't have time for car dead on road, so we went with a lot of preventative maintenance.


It was mustache Monday in mammoth last week.  My boss takes her kids every year for spring break and somehow my invite never makes it into the mail.  She sent us a pic of her and her kids with mustaches, so naturally we had to send her one of us.  Yes, we are in her office and of course I am sitting on her desk with me feet up, we are professionals can't you tell.  

We have also been getting fit at work.  We have lunch with Jillian several times a week, she is awesome but talks WAAAAAAYYYYYY to much in her DVD's.


We celebrated Easter, here is a sneak peak of the cuteness, more on Easter in a later post.


The Sheriff and I had a couple days off together this week that included some park time for the pups, a quick trip to San Diego for a few hours, lots of food, a walk, coffee, etc. it was nice to have uninterrupted time together.  

Gracie and I drug him around for 3 miles on our morning walk, he thinks I am crazy and yoga might be better for me, he says my mind needs to relax, I don't know what he is talking about.

My Gracie girl always ready for a walk, love her.

Speaking of food, this is my new favorite lunch; egg salad (hold the mayo and add the Greek yogurt), avocado and tomato, yum.


See why I am exhausted this is just a glimpse of my crazy life that occurs EVERY SINGLE DAY.









No comments:

Post a Comment