Well Hello Friends!
Looks like I left you with images of the Sheriff’s ridiculously
delicious banana birthday cake last weekend (I may have had him bring me some
on Tuesday and then gone to his house on Thursday and eaten more of it,
hehe). Tuesday we celebrated his actual
birthday with a coffee date and a birthday selfie because why not, it is what
all the cool kids are doing these days.
I love our coffee dates so much even though they are short but they are
sweet and I think we rock the coffee date pretty well, there is pretty much
nothing better than a warm drink, some sunshine and your main squeeze sitting
next to you talking about random things and thoughts that the caffeine spurs in
your head. The rest of the week Gracie
and I put in some serious miles together, we generally walk 3 miles 5 days a
week and we both come home pooped and now that it is staying lighter later we
sometimes pound the pavement again in the evening
#iwanttowearshortsthissummer.
I love a little Facebook shout out!
I have been seeing this avocado and egg bake type thingy all
over the internet, it is supposed to be really healthy and yummy and I have
been wanting to try it for a while, so I did so on Thursday and I hate to say
it but it was GROSS. I love avocados and
I love eggs and I generally have them together for breakfast but baking the egg
in the avocado was not for me, baking the avocado changes the flavor of it and
it was warm and mushy and I just couldn’t, so I shoved it down quickly and
added that recipe to my “never again” list. Another disappointing “never again” item was
a stuffed chicken breast from the deli counter at Sprouts, it had cheese and
broccoli and the potential to be AMAZING and I was so looking forward to it,
but after I cooked it and took the first bite it was gross, as in no flavor and
the broccoli tasted weird, so to the trash it went. I did however discover that zucchini is the
best substitute for pasta, I made my zucchini spaghetti several times last
week, nothing better than a quick healthy meal after paddling practice that is quicker
than any take-out meal could be.
This weekend was pretty great, Saturday we had paddling
practice and then a steersman clinic afterwards, all in all we paddled almost
14 miles and I was kind of tired and hungry when it was all said and done. After practice Gracie and I went for our 3+
mile walk, after a quick shower and a trip to the grocery store I was “done”
and a 2+ hour nap was needed and taken.
I lounged the rest of the day too tired to care that I was being lazy
and nothing was getting done. Sunday was
the last Sunday for a while that the Sheriff, Mr. Pie and I will get to spend
together (sniff, sniff), the Sheriff’s shift changes and he will be working
weekends for at least a month if not longer.
So keeping with tradition, Mr. Pie and I tagged alone with the Sheriff
to paddling practice and then rode off to Proud Mary’s on our scooters for
breakfast and then to Doheny to walk out on the jetty to watch the canoes come
in. That boy and I have put in some
serious miles on our scooters together and I am kind of bummed that our time
together is over for…..
Gracie was tired too.
The view from the seat we sit at almost every time.
Our last beach selfie for now.
The Sheriff bought this at the Bass Pro Shop, I like to think I am the "catch of the day".
After a few errands we went home and I taught Mr. Pie how to burn leaves with a magnifying glass.
I had forgotten how much fun that was when I was growing up.
As I was chilling at the Sheriff’s house last night watching
TV (8:30pm) it occurred to me that I had not done my taxes, doh and I only had
one more day to do them. I sat there
trying to figure out how and when I was going to do them. I knew I would be way too tired to do them
after paddling practice tonight and that the chance of error would be greatly
increased so that was not an option. I
thought about skipping practice but I had a chocolate shake from In N Out
yesterday and I needed to burn those calories. So I headed home, dug through my box of
important papers, found last years tax return and organized this years paper
work and got started thank you Turbo Tax and the internet (after I did the
dishes, folded two loads of laundry and took the pup out),can you say
procrastinator? Anywho, taxes are done
and my refund is on its way, now it is time to start planning our next KONA trip! See I don’t procrastinate on the important
things. I have checked airline prices
and registration fees for, now we just need to find a place stay and we are
good to go. The Sheriff and Mr. Pie will
be joining me this year and I pretty stoked about that, I think we are going to
head out there early before all of our paddler friends get there so we can do
kid friendly activities because once everyone arrives there is not a whole lot
of kid friendly events going on and that would be no fun for a nine year old
boy.
Now go outside and check out the moon, it is going to be amazing around midnight tonight.



No comments:
Post a Comment