Sunday, June 8, 2014

Doughnuts, Paddling and Family Time!

Friday was National Doughnut Day, I had mentioned it to the Sheriff and I got mixed answers from him regarding if we were going to celebrate it or not.  With a bit of peer pressure and some clear direction (no chocolate) from me he went and bought a dozen doughnuts, no we did not eat all of them, he took all but three (one for him, one for Mr. Pie and one for me) to Mr. Pie's school and gave them to the staff there, saving me the exact one I wanted, it was sooooo good.




Saturday we headed to Ventura (left at 4:30am, ouch) for our race, it was rainy, cold and overcast at the beach, but just inland it was nice and sunny, no fair.  Our race turned into a comedy of errors, but overall was good and I think we all had a good time.

And we are off.

Mr. Pie puppy sat again, this little puppy is getting big and turning into a handful, EXACTLY why I do not want another puppy anytime soon.

We grabbed lunch on our way out at In N Out and as we sat there enjoying our lunch two sweet girls came up to us and gave us a $5 gift card as a random act of kindness, we are looking forward to passing the kindness on.


After lunch we headed to the parents house, it took us several hours to get there but once we got there we had a great time.  My Mom's cousin, my second cousin Judi was in town and we have not seen her since Ryan and Shannon's wedding.  It was so nice to have that side of the family together, the kiddo's ran around and had a great time, it was hard to get them to sit still for a picture, this was pretty much the best I could get.  Super Mom made a great dinner for everyone and we just sat around the dinner table chit chatting, 



Ryan was being funny and was photo bombing the kids.

Caroline showing us her pink hands.

I wanted a picture of Katie and I with our tall, dark and handsome men, so I asked Ryan to take it.  We had just finished eating strawberry cake and I wanted to make sure I did not have strawberry in my teeth before the photo, so I asked the Sheriff to double check that for me and Katie did the same with Darrell and I Ryan was busy snapping photos of that, err that brother of my mine.


This is more like it……..


And here are the cousins and the Sheriff.

Today we went to help rig the boats, we could only stay for a short period of time cause I needed to pick Miss G. from doggie daycare.  We dropped her off and home and headed to Sports Chalet to look at baseball gloves for Mr. Pie, we hit Juice it Up and then went back to the Sheriff's house.  The boys played ball and I sat and watched, it was a crazy busy day, so much so apparently we forgot to eat lunch, lol.   

It was quite the hair raising weekend.
  


No comments:

Post a Comment