Friday, June 13, 2014

Friday the 13th!

Happy Friday the 13th, if you have not already, go outside and check out the moon, it is amazing, full moon on Friday the 13th be careful of black cats, cracks and ladders.  Since I have not done a totally random blog post in oh who knows how long, I thought I would do one today.

I had a total hankering for spaghetti and meatballs, why you ask, I have no idea, all I know is that I was not going to survive today without a plate of it from Mangia Bene, so I made the Sheriff and Mr. Pie go with me, boy, it did not disappoint. 



Itchy tags, WTF, why do clothing manufacturers sew itchy tags into clothes?  I had a new shirt on the other day, nothing fancy just a boring white t-shirt with the world’s worst tag in it.  I finally had to take a pair of scissors to it, DUDE, so annoying.

Not the actual tag, but close enough, I threw the real tag away/

I found myself with a little free time last Sunday and I was able to watch the first episode of season 2 of Orange is the New Black.  Seriously, Piper is a train wreck on that show and now that they are in a new prison, I am not sure how long I can stay with it, but I am on to episode #2 on Sunday (Oy, I just scheduled my tv time, yep, that is how little free time I have).  I also decided to jump on the Breaking Bad bandwagon, since I do not have cable I have to wait for it on Netflix, well it has been on there for a while and I am five seasons late to the partay, but I am giving it a try.

I bought a new necklace on etsy a few weeks ago and it just came via the slowest mail truck ever on Wednesday. I saw a similar one in Target a few weeks ago while hanging out with Mr. Pie and I told him that if he or his Dad wanted to buy me something, I would like something like this.  I highly doubt that a 9 year old boy will remember such a thing especially since he was very insistent that I would look better with pearls on, so I bought myself the necklace I wanted, I love the simplicity to it, but I am struggling with the fact that it looks like it is on backwards when I wear it. 

I think I might move the heart to the other side.

I had a mini freak out moment in Starbucks the other day, I was standing in line scrolling through my emails and for some odd reason I thought our family picnic was this weekend and I had not RSVP’d for it.  I stood there and panicked as they were calling my name to order my coffee and then I realized the picnic is not till August 3, whew that was a close one.  Not to self, do not open email till coffee has been consumed.

I am obsessed with Good Choice Sushi, I go there practically every Monday and Wednesday and pick up my favorite roll to go and savor every bite of it.  My mouth is watering just typing this.  In other food news, I have a confession to make, I LOVE little kid fruit snacks, I secretly pack them in my lunch and hide them from others, I am a total closet fruit snack eater, anyone else do this?  My favorites are “Annie’s” and “Cliff Kids”, for a while I could only find them at Sprouts and they were pricey, but hallelujah, I found them at Target for almost half the price, thanks Target for keeping my supply plentiful.

I have been taking Mr. Pie to his Kung Fu practice one day a week while the Sheriff goes to paddle practice. I took him last night and then to dinner, the park and to get ice cream, it was awesome to have a carefree evening since today was his last day of school, so no homework or reading needed to be done.

And while we are on the subject of Mr. Pie, this Sunday is Father’s Day, I have been going back and forth if I should take Mr. Pie to get the Sheriff a gift.  I decided last night that I did not need to because they did a project and card at school for the Dad’s. I am not sure how this all works with me just being the girlfriend, I did take him to get a card and a gift for the Sheriff’s birthday and he was so happy to have a gift to give his Dad, but again I was not sure what to do, this is all new to me.

So there you have it, just a few things running through my mind, watch out for those black cats, don't step on any cracks and stay away from ladders.

-erin

No comments:

Post a Comment