Saturday, June 14, 2014

Get Outdoors NOW!

Today is National Get Outdoors Day!  Being a Parks and Recreation professional (yes, that is a profession), it is my duty to remind all of you to go outside and play.   


In honor of this amazing day, I hit the beach bright and early for a morning paddle, we did not have a race today, so it was practice day.  We seat raced and my boat rocked it the entire practice, it was pretty AWESOME, way to go ladies.  After practice I enjoyed breakfast with four of my teammates as we talked all things paddling.  After breakfast Gracie needed to get outdoors, so I took her for a walk and we played ball (she needed a little recreation today) and then it was off for some much needed pampering, can you say mani/pedi?  I was actually embarrassed to go in there with the current state of my hands and feet but I sucked it up and went in and got it done.  Paddling and working out in general takes a toll on my appendages and I had some weird "athlete's toe" thing going on that I think was a result of wearing my booties in the ocean to keep my feet warm but instead my baby toe looked like it was going to fall off with whatever infection attacked it, but it is all better now, so I am back in the salon chair for much needed maintenance.  TMI?

And tonight thanks to social media (instagram) I will be ending my night outdoors at the Lady Antebellum concert at the Verizon Amphitheater with my friend Heidi who I have not seen in a very long time (I used to babysit her kids) and their daughter Madison who just turned 16 (holy cow I feel old), I cannot wait, I have always wanted to go see them in concert and tonight is my night to do it.

NOW GO OUT AND PLAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment