After a few months of blogging I am very happy with the way my blog has turned out, I never knew that I would have so much to say and never realized how many things happen in day to day life. I have wanted to start some kind of regular posts, kind of like "Wordless Wednesday's" or "This Moment" like I have seen on other blogs. However, I never felt like those type of posts were right for me, so I have decided to start a "Say it ain't so" post, it won't be a weekly post, but it will come about when something out of the ordinary or something that does not fit the social "norms" arises and needs to be shared with others! So brace yourselves, I might not be politically correct or I might post a picture that might be a wee be shocking, who knows, I hope you like it!
Here is my first "Say it ain't so" entry, this one very mild but I thought it was funny. If any of you work in Community Services, City Government or with the public in any way you will probably understand this post. So here it goes....
Yesterday at work I received a phone call from a RSM resident, she introduced herself and said "I saw your name and number in the paper today and it says you are looking for volunteers for the Meals on Wheels program, the 2/5 battalion holiday activities, New Year's Eve planning, etc." and I was like "ok", I had no idea what she was talking about and where the heck did she see my name and number in the newspaper, so I let her ramble continue to talk and the whole time I am thinking "where did she see this?, where did she see this?", so after I broke the news to her that I had nothing to so with the Meals on Wheels program and New Year's Eve planning does not start until October we hung up. After I hung up with her I decided to play detective and figure out what she was talking about. Well, lucky for me I did not have to look to far! It turns out on the second page of the local paper right there under the Mayor's photo was a great article written by the Mayor talking about out all of the great things happening in RSM and there in black and white was my name, phone number and direct extension! AWESOME!! So needless to say I think every resident in RSM who has a teenager that needs to do volunteer hours for one reason or another called me yesterday! AWESOME! Oh well, it made me feel good that the Mayor knows my name and knows what I do!
So you are all thinking "that's not a bug deal" and it really is not, but, then later on that day one of our contract instructors came in to drop off fliers for his classes that he teaches at the Community Center. After he left I took a minute to review his fliers and in big bold letters was my name, phone number and email address to contact if anyone had any questions regarding his classes. Seriously dude, my contact information? How about putting down yours since you teach the class? AHHH! So, lets just say if I am not already busy enough, now my phone is going to be ringing off the hook! Would it be a bad thing to unplug it?
OMG Is it seriously April Fools Day or something??? That is SO stinkin hilarious. Ah!!!!
ReplyDeleteNow they just need to hire you a secretary to answer all your calls! Preferably a hot, young male roughly 30 - 35 years old... ; )
ReplyDeleteLol!! We need to make sure he is single too!!!
ReplyDeleteOh yeah, I forgot the most important part! Must be single. And if he happens to be a fire fighter on the side, that wouldnt be so bad either ; )
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! I can't believe they put your info on stuff without talking to you about it first!
ReplyDeleteCarrie, that would be AWESOME!!! I could use a hot single foreman answering my phone!! I don't think I would get much work done though. I would have to be careful not to drool on my keyboard!
ReplyDeleteI meant FIREMAN!!
ReplyDelete