A few months ago I made some cake pops for a family gathering and they turned out pretty darn good for my first time! Well, my Aunt loved them and asked me to make them for her for a family gathering she was having this past weekend, I thought no problem this should be a piece of cake, ha ha ha! Knowing that these puppies take awhile to make I decided that I would make them the weekend before and freeze them until I was able to get them to her. Boy O Boy!!, all I have to say is it was pretty much downhill hill from the get go!
Below is the timeline of the disaster....
- Aunt requests yellow candy coating, all the store has is blue.
- I melt candy coating and somehow screw it up!
- Candy coating is fixed with a lil crisco, gross!
- All goes well and they look perfect!
- Transport them home, they have a few issues on the way home but nothing too major.
- Place cake pops in freezer for safe keeping.
- Power goes out for HOURS, I panic, I leave work early to go rescue cake pops (Ya, try explaining that one to your boss).
- Pack up dog and cake pops and head to the parents house.
- Cake pops are defrosting (OH NO!!!!) and sprinkles are starting to run (Double OH NO!).
- Cake pops go back into freezer and start to crack (Too much freezing and defrosting).
- Take cake pops back home once the power is back on.
- Cake pops look like HELL.
- Aunt picks up cake pops, I apologize for their appearance, she is polite and says they look GREAT!
Before!
After!
Ya, they look like CRAP!
So SAD, sniff, sniff, tear! :(
It was a total cake pop tragedy!
OH gosh!! She said they look great?? Hahahahaha! Darn you SDG&E!! They owe you.
ReplyDeleteI would still eat them
ReplyDelete