If the really HOT weather in Aliso Viejo was not bad enough, well then the MAJOR power outage was! Thursday afternoon was your typical afternoon in the OC until the power went out and everyone and their country cousin was out on the road either trying to get home or trying to get out of town, I was one of them trying to get home to rescue the contents of my refrigerator and the delicate cake pops that I made for my Aunt for a family gathering that she is hosting on Saturday out of my freezer. Traffic was a nightmare at 6pm and it took me a solid hour to get home from Rancho Santa Margarita, with every single traffic signal out, the pure chaos of the driving skills of the public (don't they know to treat all intersections as four way stops) and three accidents along the way. This power outage has stretched down to Mexico and across to Arizona with the possibility of it being caused by one worker in Arizona (yet to be confirmed), dude he or she will be in the unemployment line tomorrow.
Anyways, had it not been 90 + degrees in my house and no breeze there was no chance I was going to be staying the night! My good friend Carrie offered for me to crash at their house (lucky,they have power and they live 5 mins away, crazy how the power grids are laid out), but with Gracie and her two little boys I politely declined due to the fact that both Brayden and Gracie are crazy and I did not need to risk Gracie eating some small toy or getting a hold of a precious blankie or anything like that. So, I headed to Huntington Beach to stay with my parents and the cool air (I almost feel the need for a jacket).
I tried to get a couple of photo's of all of the commotion but was not too successful, but you might of seen us on the nightly news, apparently it is big news when a couple counties go dark! Best of luck to all of the SDG&E workers, you are going to have a long night ahead of you, but hey it is probably double time at this point so you all should have a nice paycheck next week! Thanks for all of your hard work and until then I will be crashing at the parents house!
Some of the traffic on the other side of the street.
There goes that news van (channel 7)
Channel 5, we are now famous, nothing happens in this part of town.
No comments:
Post a Comment