Tuesday, October 11, 2011

I would like you to meet.....

Leo!

Leo and I met online so I thought it was only fitting that you met him online as well. After some nudging from family and friends I decided to give the whole online dating thing a try and see what would happen. All I can say is boy has it been an experience! From the crazy tattooed and toothless Toms to the shy, weak and socially awkward Mama’s boys, to the on the spot marriage proposals from random guys, I can truly say that online dating is not for the weak. Without getting all mushy or red in the face here is a little background to the way it all happened. I was at work, kind of bored so using my trusty iphone I logged on to the site and I noticed this guys profile so I clicked on it and I thought, hmmm he seems kind of cool, so I added him to my favorites (cause it is really hard to type messages from my phone), well as soon as I had added him to my favorites I noticed I had a new message in my inbox from him. I was floored, it was so weird, we were checking each other out at the same time! So I waited a few minutes and emailed him back, we bantered back and forth via email and then I gave him my number. He called later that night and we talked for hours and made plans to meet up that following Saturday night at the “Borders” at Metro Point, the reason why borders is in quotation marks is because there is not a borders at Metro Point, it is a Barnes and Noble.

Fast forward to Saturday and it is date night, I arrive to Metro Point and notice “Borders” is really a Barnes and Noble, so I text to tell him that I have arrived and that “Borders” is really a Barnes and Noble and he tells me that that is impossible because he is standing inside Borders at that very moment and I tell him I am outside Barnes and Noble so clearly one of us is in the wrong location! Well, I being the girl and I being the one who knows her malls kindly tells him he is in the wrong spot! Nice job LeO! So we finally meet up and we are both hungry, so our “coffee date” has now turned into a dinner date and we went to Finbar’s at Metro Point. We had a great time, talked the entire time and then dinner was over :(, neither one of us wanted the night to be over so we decided to go down to Balboa for ice cream and yes, I violated the biggest rule of online dating, never get into a car with a guy you just met and yes, I do know that serial murderers and rapists do not wear signs on their heads that say “I am a serial killer or rapist” on them but I could tell Leo was not that way at all so I went with him (I promise I have never done that before). After we walked around and finished our ice cream we got back into the car and drove to the Fullerton Airport, oh ya, I forgot to mention he is pilot and he thought it would be the perfect ending to a great date to go for a ride in his airplane (I figured what the heck, at this point I am still alive, we have had a great time and if he wants to chop me up into little bits and pieces than the airport is the perfect place to do it cause no one will find me there!). We go for a ride in his plane (I think he is trying to impress me), we have a great time, he takes me back to my car, I go home and as I exit the freeway my phone rings and it is him, we talk for 3 more hours and by the time I go to bed my throat is sore and I cannot stop coughing cause I have been laughing so hard!! It was a great date!!

Here are some photo's of a couple of our dates, I did not want to appear to weird by taking pictures early on, but was dying to cause it would make great blogging material!

On our way to the Hollywood sign hike for my birthday!

This is the closest we could get to the sign to have our picture taken.

Being a dork!

Leo trying to hold the sign up!


Who could resist a face like that?!!

See I told you he was a pilot!  Or is it just a costume?

And, if any of you guys saw my facebook check in status this morning around 2:00am, you would know that Mr. Pilot and his pilot skills took us to Vegas along with two of his friends, yep that is right on a school night, we got home around 5:00am!  CRAZY!! but it was soooo much fun!! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh Erin,that is SO exciting! And I see he is an Angels fan too...Major points!!

    I cannot believe how crazy you were to get into a PLANE with a complete stranger! OMG you are so lucky you are alive (did you at least tell SOMEONE beforehand?)!

    And lastly, I cannot for the life of me think of where the Barnes and Nobles is. I know they have/had a Borders at Crystal Court but I cant think of a Barnes and Noble...hum.

    So happy for you girl and hey, he's not a cop so thats MORE points for him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, This post was HILARIOUS!!! you are so funny girlfriend :) I ditto what CArrie said....SOOOO happy for you - he looks like a great guy, not some creep-o at all! I'm so glad I got to 'meet' him, hehe...maybe someday i can hitch a ride in his plane too!!!! take me far away and don't bring me home....muahahah....kidding but that is Such a rad perk! ;) keep us posted!!!! yayyyy :)

    ReplyDelete