Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Very Easy Chicken Dinner and a Winner!

This chicken dinner is the best and it is sooo easy!  I made this for Leo last weekend and he thought it was fantastic, wish I could take the credit for this one, but Super Mom was the one with the receipe and she was the one who made it happen! I made it again for dinner last night and it was delish!  Poor Leo missed out on my fantastic cooking (HA!), but I made sure to send him a picture just as he was getting ready to dine on airport food (I have such god timing).  Anyways here is the recipe....

Grilled Rosemary Chicken Thighs w/Sweet & Sour Dipping Sauce

Serves 4-6

1 TBSP minced fresh rosemary

2 tsp dark brown sugar

2 tsp kosher salt

1 tsp ground black pepper

1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes

2 TBSP vegetable or olive oil

2-1/2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken thighs - 2-3 per person


Dipping Sauce

1 cup orange marmalade

1/4 cup rice vinegar

1 tsp. minced fresh rosemary

-------------

In a small bowl combine first 5 ingredients (Cut the recipe in half for two) trim thighs and slice into 1-1/2" wide strips. In a shallow pan drizzle oil over chicken, toss to coat. Sprinkle chicken evenly with rosemary mixture and mix into chicken. Thread onto skewers folding each strip in half as you skewer. Grill over medium heat until cooked through.  Warm the marmalade, vinegar and rosemary over low heat until just warm.

What you need!

Rosemary



Helper dog waiting to clean up anything spilled on the floor.

Same helper dog who loves to like the BBQ grill.


We usually have Uncle Ben's Wild Rice too!

Winner Winner Dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment