Friday, October 14, 2011

On the next edition of Hoarders

I just want to start off this post saying I think that I have a healthy obsession with craigslist,  nothing to crazy!  Lol, who am I kidding, I LOVE craigslist soooooo so much!  I swear it is like a "rush" you know the kind when you get high, don't worry Mom and Dad, I have never been high, anyways when I sell something on craigslist and I have the cash in my hand I just can't stand it, I need MORE!! Lol, so then I start looking around my house for more items to sell, well I am just about out of items to sell besides a liver or kidney and that is illegal.  I currently have a Combi stroller that belong to my parents for sale, a dog crate that I bought when Gracie was a pup and has outgrown (I will never have a puppy again, mark my words) and crate that I found today and that is where this story begins! 

I was out walking Gracie this morning and as we were leaving our neighborhood and crossing the street to go to the dumpster I noticed that there was a huge dog crate outside the dumpster just waiting for a new home.  So I looked around to make sure it was safe, I grabbed the crate and took off.  Well, lets just say I tried to take off!  Gracie freaked out the minute I moved the thing, the loud noise scared her, so there I am trying to drag the crate, wrangle Gracie and get out of there before someone comes after me.  Let's just say I did not get to far!  I took about five steps and with all of the commotion going on I ran my forehead right smack into a low hanging storage unit and darn near knocked myself out.  Lucky for me my sunglasses where on top of my head and took the brunt of the collision and not my head.  So I dragged the thing home, got it all cleaned up, posted it on craigslist and got to thinking that had I not been wearing my sunglasses, there is a good chance that my head would of been split open to the point of needing medical intervention costing me more money then I would get for the crate and I would of been in the hole at least $100.  So moral of the story if you are going to go dumpster diving, make sure your getaway path is clear and you don't land yourself in the ER! 

Just in case you are interested in purchasing any of my craigslist items, you can view them below!

Combi Stroller - $60

Dog Crate - $65

And the one that tried to take my life.....

Dog Crate - $50

Please inquire within if you are interested in any of these items!

1 comment:

  1. Two things here 1) you can always buy new sunglasses on craigslist if your old ones got dented by the garbage can and 2) you are so lucky you are addicted to SELLING on craigslist rather than BUYING on craigslist...thats great, dont even be ashamed (unless you start STEALING things to add to the obsession of selling...then you're in trouble).

    ReplyDelete