I don't even know where to start, OMG, I know the full moon was last night, but it is still making people crazy! Let's just say I worked hard all day meaning work really kicked my b u t t, I was swamped the whole day putting out fires here and there, solving everyone's problems, being ultra cheerful and nice till it gave me a headache, etc.
Here is a quick rundown of the day......
-Start off the day with another FREAKIN email from a pain in the behind instructor, who shall remain nameless but she has the same name as my four legged pal and every time time I think of her I want to say "ALOHA" as in goodbye and never contact me again!
-I answer the Community Center phone all cheerful and happy and I hear someone on the other end practically yelling at me cause she needs to make a FREE tax appointment and we only return her calls while she is at work and how is she going to make an appointment if she does not have access to a phone during the day. Thought #,1 umm, well you are calling me during the day, so I think you have a phone. I grab the appointment book and tell her I have a few questions I need to ask her, she gets pissed and tells me she is going to get fired for being on the phone. Thought #2, umm, why don't you call to make your appointment during your lunch break, actually that thought came out of my mouth. She hangs up on me! Thought #3, well I guess making that appointment was not as important as you thought, it was lovely chatting with you!
-Lady calls all upset cause she cannot seem to register for the Zumba Gold class online. I talk her off the ledge and tell her it will be ok! I look up her account and she has added herself to her household three times (I hope those are not individual personalities or this is gonna be a long phone call). I cave and totally break the work rules and tell her I will register her over the phone a HUGE no no! I go to register her and she is still logged in online. I tell her to log out, but we now have to wait 30 minutes for our system to recognize that she is offline, I tell her I will call her back in 30 minutes to figure it out. I forget to call her back and go to lunch (oops), I panic cause I forgot to call her back (I am all about customer service these days), so I race back to my desk and call her, she does not answer, I leave a message. She calls me back and our secretary puts her in my voicemail, ahhhhhhh! I call her back again, I now have her on the phone, I am all ready to break the rules, I go through the registration process only to discover the ding dong logged back in online and I cannot access her account, ARE YOU KIDDING ME LADY! I finally convince her to listen to me and I walk her through the online registration process and we say our goodbye's.
-The afternoon/evening gets really busy really quickly, we have computer classes, free photography class, a Jewish holiday celebration, Sheriff Explorers and a pet vaccination clinic all going on and I need to make taxi vouchers AGAIN. It was crazy!
-Today was the first day of our computer class, it was full with 17 students and 6 on the waiting list. All I have to say about that clientele that sign up for our computer classes is that they are odd. Well, some lady who was on the waiting list came in to take the class, I kindly explained to her that she was on the waiting list and a spot had NOT opened up so she would be unable to take the class. She did not believe me and insisted that she was going to take the class, I told her again "NO, you will not be taking the class". At the same time a lady who was enrolled in the class was asking where it was and as I was telling her waitlist lady started heading towards the room like she was going to sneak in. OMG! So, I followed her, making sure she did not go in the room, she walked to the end of the hallway and hid behind a tree, like I could not see her and was waiting for me to leave. Well, I stood guard at the door to the computer room and she finally gave up and went home. Ok lady, do we really need to act like we are 8 years old.
-Next up, crazy hat lady comes up the front counter. Just so you know what we are dealing with, crazy hat lady is a very tall and round black woman with a tad bit of psycho in her. She has come looking for the free pencils we used to have that were left over from when the city took over the community center over three years ago. She was angry that I could not find them, so much so I had to use my alias "Cynthia" when she demanded my name!
Those are just a few examples of the gems I got to deal with today, in the mean time the phone rang a million times, 17 of my instructors were thorns in my side, our receptionist went missing several times and I almost cried, but the good news is I had a good day, the public did not let me down with their ridiculousness and when I got home I had this waiting for me.......
Now I am tired and it is time for bed, but no need to worry, I will get to do all of this again tomorrow! I am starting my day off with a bloody mary, maybe that will help take the edge off! NIGHT!

No comments:
Post a Comment