For all of my FACEBOOK pals, you may or may not of seen my status update on Saturday that said
"Took Gracie to obedience class today, let's just say she was a holy terror and you will get to read about it in the paper on Friday! AWESOME!" Well, most of that is true, Gracie was a holy terror, we did make it in to the paper, but it came out today and thank goodness there was not any mention of her horrible no good behavior! Let's just say that the obedience instructor does not believe in pinch collars (you know the one with spikes on it, well, I do!), so her leash was hooked to her regular oh so cute cupcake collar and the instructor used treats and a clicker for the training. Well, my cute little Gracie is not as dumb as she looks, she knew that her pinch collar was out of service for the hour and boy oh boy did I get worked over. Gracie is also totally food driven and will do anything for a morsel of food, so I am sure she was in dog heaven when the treats came out. Everyone had a bag of treats and the dog would get rewarded every time they followed a command, lets just say all of the dogs did really well except for Gracie, Gracie would wait for the other dogs to do their sit or stay and as soon as the treat was released she would dive bomb the treat and beat the other dogs to it. OMG! BAD DOG! When Gracie was not stealing treats she was dragging me all over the park, drinking all of the water the instructor brought, stepping in the water bowl, tearing apart the toys that were brought to class and at one point found the bag where all of the treats came from and practically got her head stuck in it, can you say embarrassing? The best part was is that I think I totally jinx myself, before class started I was thinking Gracie will do great, she is almost 4 years old and we will be in class with puppies, HA, who was I kidding, I had the worst dog there! And yes, the Orange County Register was out there snapping pictures of the class and lil Miss. Trouble!
Erin Mudry, a Community Services coordinator for the city of Rancho Santa Margarita, works with her dog Gracie during Saturday's obedience class. Mudry said she wanted to check on how well the class was received by participants. "They all seemed to like it," she said.
Can you say horrible picture of me? OMG, the camera adds 10lbs. right? And that posture, not good!
I see your treats!
Oh and just in case you all thought this was a one time bad dog experience, check out what she did to her bed yesterday!
The mess she left after tearing off the cover of her bed and chewing up the foam insert.
The foam insert looks like a shark got it!
All photo's of the obedience class were taken by the OC Register.
No comments:
Post a Comment