Sunday, October 28, 2012

Yes, last week was Ca-RAZY!

So........it appears as if it has been a week since I last tackled this thing I call the blog, OMG!  Well, my friends, lets just say it has been one heck of a week and I am so super stoked that I lived to tell about it! 

Sunday, I took my OC1 out for the first time (Super Dad, came at 7am to make sure I got it on my car ok, DUDE, I AM SO LUCKY TO HAVE HIM!), it was fun, but boy do I miss having five other paddlers in the boat helping me out.  It was tough, but I got through it, I "only" flipped over four times, lol, total loser!!

Monday-Wednesday, were pretty much horrible days at work, so much so on Thursday I had to take a mental health day to somewhat maintain my sanity only to wake-up to 3 guys on my patio ready to paint the outside of my house and I had no idea they were coming nor a game plan for little Miss Barky (Gracie), so I quickly got ready and dropped her off at doggie daycare and then went out for some much needed retail therapy, cause you know the money tree out back is blooming, ha, ya right!    I did pick up some Christmas gifts already, I found these for my coworkers at the container store.........

I thought they were super cute and would be perfect for the ladies I work with!

This is what Gracie looked like after I picked her up on Thursday, my favorite kind of dog a tired dog!


Friday, I took my car in for a quick once over since I will be driving to Arizona next week for "Another Dam Race" and I did not want to chance getting stuck out in the middle of nowhere, so for $190 bucks and a new set of brakes the CRV is already to go! OMG, I hear the money tree dying!  I also took the OC1 out again with my friend Meegan, we had a great time, it was a long paddle for me and straight into the wind on the way back, this time I did much better and did not end up swimming in the ocean.  Just for good record keeping it was 88 degrees in Dana Point on October 26, crazy warm weather. 

I love this picture, talk about an Endless Summer!  And yes to all of you rule followers, I was totally driving and taking the picture at the same time, it was the only way to get a good one!

Saturday, we had practice, holy moly I got worked, OMG, it was tough, but a great practice.  After practice a few of us went and had breakfast, I am slowly learning all the great places to eat in Dana Point!  After breakfast Jill and I went for a bike ride, casue you know paddling for two hours was not enough.  That night a lot of the DOCC peeps went to a Halloween party, I went as Jose Cuervo, lol!


there were plenty of "finger foods"


And, now here we are on Sunday, the day that I have been looking forward to for a long time......

The first time I have ever been here!

Hello, I am Elder Price!


I got busted by the photo police for taking this picture, seriously this was the best show EVER, I laughed sooooooo hard and loved it, I wish I could go see it again!  Sound track for xmas please!

This is all I can remember, I do know that I purposely blocked some stuff out of my memory or I did not have the energy to recap and just for fun let's keep the mental health day on the down low, cause there is no need for them to know I was not sick on Thursday!  Oh and Super Dad, thanks for secretly fixing my garage door opener, I have been meaning to tell you that all week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment