Sunday, June 2, 2013

Marina Del Rey

Wow folks, can you believe it is already June?  How the heck did that happen?  Life is just flying by way too fast these days!  I have to say that I am secretly happy that today has been cloudy and gray out right until about now cause I needed a good excuse to stay inside and do nothing.  Yesterday, DOCC had a race in Marina Del Rey, the weather was really nice and the water conditions were pretty good for our race.  I raced coed again with another boat full of great people, we placed 7th out of I do not know how many boats in our "open" category, but I do know that there were at least 26 boats in the coed race, so hopefully they will post the race results soon!  My body feels like it took a major beating, I am not sure why, but lets just say it is never a good thing when you wake up at 2am and cannot move.  I feel like I could sit and bitch about how tired, sore and unmovable I am but I did this to myself so I am not gonna complain.  Below is a video clip of a part of my race, my friend Steve Ayers was on one of the chase boats and he got some good footage of my boat, you will hear him yell out my name when my boat appears in the video, it is towards the end of the clip (could my timing be anymore off, bad paddling Erin).  I sure hope you all can see it, I stole it from his Facebook page, so I am not sure what his privacy settings are, I will also post it on my Facebook page in the event to make it more viewable for all of you!


No comments:

Post a Comment