Monday, September 16, 2013

Better Late Than Never, Hawaii - Part 3

Goodness it is has been three weeks since I last updated my little space on the world wide web.  I guess you can say it is kinda like my my suitcase, I arrived home from Hawaii safe and sound dropped my suitcase by the front door and no joke it is still sitting there thirteen days later.  Needless to say life has been buzzing by at lightening speed and is just now showing signs of slowing down temporairly.  

Anywho, I left off at needing to go hydrate for the double haul race.  Hydrate, hydration, hydrating was an understatement, they whole time I was there my entire body was swollen from the heat and humidity but yet I was sweating like crazy so despite being so swollen I consumed more water than I thought was humanly possible.  The double haul race was awesome, we had a great crew and we came in 9th out of 22 boats in our open coed division and the age spread on our boat probably could of won us an award.  I was the youngest on the boat at young age of 34 and the oldest was 68, crazy!  We had a great boat, our blend was amazing for it being our first time ever paddling together and we just had tons of fun.  Below are just a bunch of random pictures that were left on my phone so I thought I would share them.

Getting ready for the double hull race.

Some palms on the beach.

Another random boat/beach pic, it looks like it is gonna rain.

Our double hull crew, I love this picture!  Funny story about the gal on the right closest to this pic, she is my the wife of my friend Elisse's husband Andrew's ski coach in high school. Totally random I know! We were chatting and she said they moved from up north, I asked where, she told me, I asked if she knew the Tweet's she said yes and it just snowballed from there.  Even funnier part is I have not told Elisse yet, so Elisse if you are reading tell Andrew!

The start line, we waited here over an hour, it was crazy hot but fun!

Had to stop at Dairy Queen, yum it was good.

Welcome!

Ricki, Diana, Me, Sally, Jill & Nancy!

I started taking selfies after the shots of fireball started!  Cheese!


DOCC women's team in Kona, what a great group people!




Time to go home, red eye flight home!  I was asleep before the plane took off!  
Way to much fun packed into one week.  I am already looking forward to and saving for next year!

Aloha!

1 comment:

  1. Funny! Auburn is such a small world! I'm not surprised. I'll tell Andrew.

    ReplyDelete