Sunday, September 29, 2013

35 isn't so bad when you celebrate with the ones you love!

My birthday seems to have taken on a life of its own, it felt like I celebrated it all week long!  Last Saturday (September 21) the parents had a little birthday par-tay for Shannon, Kathy and I and since we are all September birthdays it only makes sense to have one get together and be done with it.  I mean really, who wants to drag out getting another year older anymore than we have too!  These days the parties are more about the kids anyways, swimming even though it was fall-like temps (but we were back in the 90's today),  sneaking tastes of the cake ahem Mari, cousin dog piles, screaming as loud as could be, official birthday present openers of the family (does not matter who's bday it is), cake chants, etc.





Really, another picture?

They cannot get enough of one another, they are best cousin friends!

Super Mom did it again, another tasty cake!

Happy Birthday!

On Friday, September 27th I received these beauties along with a necklace from the Sheriff!  Proof he pays attention to EVERYTHING I say, he bought my favorite flowers and something that sparkles.


Per our usual birthday tradition, my mom and I went to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch, ordered our favorite cobb salad and shared a piece of Cheesecake!

I did not get a pick of the cake, but proof we liked it!

Yesterday on my actual birthday Ken picked me up at my house, took me to Starbucks for some birthday coffee.


We then headed to Dana Point because we just cannot stay away from there, lol!  We met up with some  friends to finalize the Dam Race plans and walked back to Proud Mary's for brunch!  Since it was my birthday a Mimosa was most definitely on the menu!  Breakfast was amazing as usual.



Yes, I take a lot of pictures of my food!

After breakfast we headed down to Doheny State Beach for the Battle of the Paddle (stand up paddle race).  The weather was amazing and the event was a lot of fun, we ran into a few friends along the way and had a very nice time down there.


The start of the race!

I had my eyes closed in this pic, the light was hitting just right so you could see right through my sunglasses, thank goodness for instagram filters I was able to hide it.

Ken had to leave for work by 1:45pm so he dropped me off at home and I had some free time on a Saturday afternoon, so I texted my friend Carrie and I was able to meet up with them and cheer on her son Brayden's soccer game.  There really is nothing cuter than 5 year olds playing soccer.

Brayden is an awesome player, I am so glad I was able to go watch him!

Little Caroline sent me this....

AHHH, she is too cute!

I wrapped up my birthday with a trip to the parents house for dinner, dessert and presents.  Super Mom made my favorite steak, baked potato and salad dinner and we had a lemon cake afterwards.








Thank you everyone for all of the birthday fun, text messages, phone calls, facebook posts and instagram comments, you guys are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment