Paddling season is OVER and things are slowly returning back to normal around here, Gracie has come to remember that I am hers, my bruises from the Catalina race are fading, my athlete's toe is healing ( I seriously have a toe that looks like some kind of virus/fungus or something got ahold of it and it does not match the rest of my toes, but I am to embarassed to go to the doctor for my lame pinky toe, just my luck it is staph or something nasty like that!), laundry is getting done, house will be cleaned one of these days, they blog is getting some much needed attention from yours truly and most importantly food is making its way to my kitchen table, I actually cooked dinner a couple times this week, holla! It feels so good to be home and to have my life back at least temporarily, but I cannot help thinking about what is next, what am I going to do with all of my new found free time? The Sheriff goes back to working weekend nights starting this Friday, boo! I'm not gonna lie, I am selfishly very bummed about this, he will be missing the best day of the year (my birthday), a few family gatherings and just plain ole good hangout time, oh well, I will survive! :)
Proof I made dinner! OMG, it was soooooo good!
Maybe I will put my suitcase away today, errrrr maybe not!

No comments:
Post a Comment