Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Wednesday's Around Here!

Since the Sheriff has gone back to working weekend nights (boo) and our Tuesday night date night at El Torito (we should of told our favorite server we were leaving her for a few months) is over now because paddling season is done and he has Mr. Pie on Tuesday nights so he cannot stay out late and I get off work late, we have started Wednesday night dinner at my house for the three of us.  Ken is convinced the only thing I know how to cook is shish kabobs or some other meal that can bbq'ed, so I am on a mission to show him I have a few other culinary skills (not many, but a few) and that I can cook stuff in the oven or on the stove.  So for the first of Wednesday night dinners I had to go to my favorite website skinnytaste.com and I found a mighty tasty sounding dinner for us to enjoy.  Mr. Pie pretty much only eats mac and cheese unless he is convinced that anything else is going to be good (I waited until he was three or four bites in before I told him the green stuff was spinach) and I was not making mac and cheese, so I found something close that we could all hopefully enjoy.  Baked Ziti was on the menu tonight, it was so easy to make, however it was kind of a disappointment in the flavor department, it tasted good but it needed way more garlic and some protein of sorts.  I will definitely make it again I will just double the garlic and add some spicy italian sausage to it for a little bit more flavor.  You can find the recipe here!

I wish I had a picture but we gobbled it up before any photo's could be taken!

However it looks like my cooking may have morphed Mr. Pie into a green man, oops!

He cracks me up!






No comments:

Post a Comment