Thursday, December 18, 2014

2014 Boat Parade!

Yesterday was the start of the annual Boat Parade down at the harbor where the Sheriff works.  The Harbor Patrol hosted a dinner for all of the deputies and their families to come and enjoy during the parade.  The Sheriff was working so I picked Mr. Pie up from school around 3:30pm so that we had plenty of time to get there since it was the first night of the parade and I thought it might be crazy busy getting down there.  We arrived kind of early but that gave us a chance to get a fun tour of the facility from the Sheriff, meet a lot of his co-workers and play on the boats.  Mr. Pie and I were able to eat dinner with the Sheriff and then he had to go out and work, we were really hoping that we would get to go out with him on the water but they were not letting family members on the boats this year.  So the Sheriff left us to go work and some guy and his wife sit down across from us while we finish eating we introduce ourselves and make small talk, he asks me why we are not out on a boat with the Sheriff, I tell him that we were not allowed to go, he asks me how the Sheriff likes working Harbor Patrol, I tell him that he loves it, he says that he is happy to hear that and that he just read the Sheriff's review and that he is doing a great job (we are so proud of him) and then after a few minutes of conversation I find out he is the Captain of the department, you know, like the big boss, he tells me if we ever want to go out on a boat and they won't let us all we need to do is call him.  I laugh and think hmmm, I wonder if I can get the Sheriff a raise too?  We finish chatting with the Captain, Mr. Pie raids the dessert bar, he may of had five brownies, we head outside on the patio (I'm telling you the Harbor Patrol has a prime piece of waterfront property) and hang out by the fire pit so we don't freeze, the parade starts off with some fireworks, then the Harbor Patrol Fire Boat starts the parade, we all cheered when they passed by us, there was lots of boats, lots of lights and lots of fun the whole night.  After the parade was over Mr. Pie and I leave, we now need to hit the bookstore because Mr. Pie needs a book for the book exchange at school the next day (he tells me this as he gets in the car when I picked him up at school, for reals dude?), we buy the book, we swing by my house so we can wrap it, cause of course it needs to be wrapped, we walk Gracie real quick and then head to their house were we get to spend a good hour on homework and finally at 10pm Mr. Pie goes to bed and I fall asleep on the couch.  The Sheriff got home at 11pm, I leave and that was all she wrote, I was done done and done because what I failed to mention was that I started work yesterday at 6:45am, set-up for our holiday work party, attended the party, helped clean-up the party and did a few other things all before staying out late on a school night.

They decorated their boat with lights but it is hard to take good pics at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment