Tuesday, December 23, 2014

What a GREAT Year - The Best of 2014!

Another year has come and gone at lightening speed as I look back at the blog some months are sparse with updates, others are full, but all in all we have had a great year and I am so glad I have this silly spot on the world wide web to look back and remember it all.

Last December we spent Christmas in Hawaii, that was awesome, I love Hawaii, I am ready to move there.


January was not nearly as relaxing, Super Dad had major surgery, it was over 6 hours long and there was a period of time were we did not receive any updates which just made your mind wander to a dark place.  Thankfully his surgery went well and we got the results we wanted but the road to recovery was tough the first 16 days.  The Sheriff and I took the kids (Mari, Cole & Mr. Pie) to Knott's Berry Farm, that was a lot of fun and we are looking forward to taking them again next month.



In February Facebook sent me a little reminder of how great my life is, I still watch the video that was created and get a little teary eyed.  Mari had seven missing or loose teeth, Caroline turned three and Grampy was on the road to recovery apparently hula hooping was part of his treatment plan.



March was pretty uneventful, the Sheriff made the local news during the one storm of the year, we went to the Fred Hall Fishing Show, paddling season started and those damn girl scouts started selling cookies again!

April came and went, we celebrated the Sheriff's birthday, I made an amazing banana cake for him.

May was busy mainly because we NEVER stop!  We went to an Angels game with some friend from Mr. Pie's school, we visited the Irvine Regional Park for a little research project for a school project for Mr. Pie and of course there was paddling involved.  May is also National Water Safety Month and we were remind how quickly things can go from from to really scary in a matter of seconds.


June the blog saw a little more action!  We celebrated National Doughnut Day, Father's Day and National Get Outdoors Day.  Mr. Pie and I made a list of all of the activities we wanted to do this summer, we swam at G&G's house, went to another Angel game and got to hang with some of the cousins for an afternoon.


July was a probably one of the best July's I have had in a long time.  I celebrated the 4th of July with my DOCC friends and participated in the annual "water wars", went wine tasting with some of the Sheriff's cousins, we went to the Mid State Fair, watched Zac Brown Band perform, visited Ostrichland, Mr. Pie tried his hand at Mutton Bustin, we stayed at a very shady no tell motel, visited several community centers and I won $50 as part of the National Parks and Recreation Month for a picture I submitted on instagram.


August saw the least amount of blog posts, but it was because we were out living life!  My friend Summir was in town, we had a beach date and a dinner date while she was here, I miss her!  We spent some more time in G&G's pool and then we surprised Mr. Pie with a trip to Hawaii!  He was shocked, he had a blast and WE will always remember it.



September, the month of doom (my birthday month)!  I paddled in Hawaii, I paddled my way to Catalina with DOCC, Kathy, Shannon and I celebrated our birthday's and the biggest and best surprise was announced on September 8th, Ryan and Shannon found out they are expecting TWINS.

October we gathered the kids together again and took them to the Haunted Trails in Laguna Niguel and celebrated Super Mom's birthday.

November we shared the news that Ryan and Shannon are having two chicks!  We went to the Wild Animal Park, the Sheriff and I celebrated two years of dating, Super Dad had a birthday and my DOCC gal pals celebrated the upcoming birth of a sweet baby boy and his mama Jackie.  And the hardest part was knowing our two chicks were struggling in utero.

December, the Sheriff has puppy fever BAD, I have ring and baby fever BAD, all three will happen eventually but the ball is in the Sheriff's court.  I actually do not want to talk about puppies, rings or babies anymore, it was fun for a minute but now it is just frustrating so I am going to take a break from it (please do me a favor and join me in this break).  The two chicks got a good report at the their last Doctor appointment, so the stress and worry has subsided a little for now, we continue to pray for two healthy baby girls and for them to stay put until at least the end of January.

It has been an amazing year, after looking back at the blog to write this recap I am reminded of how much we have to be thankful for and all of the good times, great friends and wonderful family members we have.  Here is to a great 2014 and the welcoming of what is to come in 2015.  








No comments:

Post a Comment