Saturday, December 13, 2014

Girlfriend Guilt!

NO NO NO, we are not getting a puppy for a million different reasons.  The Sheriff has been wanting a puppy for awhile now and I do NOT want one.  I am suffering from PTSD from Gracie's puppy days  and I do not want to go near another puppy until I have someone who is going to help out ALL OF THE TIME because raising Gracie was a two person job and it was ONLY me doing it, if I had only known.  Now lets venture back to last week when my sister tags me in a post on instagram of two little puppies, just the type the Sheriff wants.  These pups were rescued and are now up for adoption and me knowing this is exactly what the Sheriff wants I could not live with myself if I did not tell him I knew of two pups who are looking for a new home, total girlfriend guilt.  So I send him the picture below, he falls in love with them and now has puppy fever even worse than I have ring and baby fever.  We text back and forth, he emails the rescue and I pray they have already found a new home.  Turns out the Sheriff needed to be on a pre approved list from the rescue group so it is a no go with these pups. Whew, I dodged that bullet.  


Ever since that night (thanks a lot KATHLEEN) the Sheriff has been looking on the internet for more puppies in need of adoption, so far he has come across one or two that sound like a reputable breeder and when he is not searching for a puppy he is sending me all kinds of pictures to help convince we that we need a puppy.  I have to admit that these pictures are pretty darn cute and they do tug at my heart, but HELL NO we are not getting a puppy until either Gracie or Milo goes to doggie heaven and both of them are in good health and we have 5-7 years with both of them.







The Sheriff found a litter that was born to the breeder that he got Milo from, they will be ready in January.  The Sheriff asked if I wanted to go and check them out, I said yes, because who does not love to hold puppies and play with them, but that we would not be bringing one home, I think the Sheriff cried.

Here is one of the pups from that litter, OMG, so cute.


Perhaps the reason why I do not want a dog is because look at the train wreck of a dog I have.  If you follow me on instagram you can see that my dog cannot even sit on command, I have no business even trying to train a puppy, I have already totally failed with Gracie.

The Sheriff has a heart of gold and he loves all of the puppies in the world and I feel like the big bad wolf saying NO, but dear god we do not need three things that poop, shed and bark all of the time.  

So for now he is going to have to settle and look at the cute pics and watch the cute videos on Youtube.



No comments:

Post a Comment