Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas is Almost Here!

We are on to the final count down till Christmas!  The last few days have been full of holiday cheer and excitement for the big day.  I was off on Friday so I spent the day running errands and getting last minute gifts, I wanted to get all of my grocery shopping done so that I do not need to brave the crowds this week.  Friday night I turned on the Christmas music and wrapped all of my presents, it is so nice to be done with that part of the preparation and actually enjoy the holidays.  Saturday I helped Super Mom wrap all of her presents and get things organized under the tree before I headed to Lisa & Pete's annual Christmas Party.  Every year they have a white elephant gift exchange and this year it did not disappoint, I came home with a Big Mouth Billy Bass that will be regifted to Mr. Pie, I had to work hard for that fish so I am hoping Mr. Pie loves it just as much as I do.  



Gracie found a ball on our walk after I got home from the party, she was sad that I did not want to play at 11pm.

Speaking of Mr. Pie, that kid is the cutest, he just turned 10 and he is still a firm believer in Santa, I have no idea how the kids at school have not burst his bubble yet but they have not.  Yesterday he was asking me if I had ever seen Santa come down my chimney and he was dead serious!  He proceeded to tell me that his Mom and Dad have and he is really hoping to see Santa come this year.  I totally played along and told him that when I was growing up the closest I got to seeing Santa was when our next door neighbors the Shotwells heard Santa's reindeer on their roof.  Poor Mr. Pie is going to be crushed when he finds out the truth.  

Sunday was just as busy, the Sheriff, Mr. Pie and I were out the door bright and early, there was a paddling clinic down at Baby Beach that the Sheriff wanted to go to, I could of totally stayed home and slept in as I was not to interested in going, but I went and it was nice to see everyone and we were able to enjoy a good breakfast at Proud Mary's as well.  For weeks now I have been wanting to go to the IlluminOcean in Dana Point Harbor and I literally had to drag the Sheriff down there, he said he was done looking at Christmas lights for this year because he spent the last four days working the boat parade with all of the snooty boat parade participants and he was done, wah wah wah!  How anyone can be done looking at Christmas lights is beyond me, I just don't understand that concept, I LOVE Christmas lights and in my book so should he! 

As we were driving home I was trying to take a pic of this brochure and it was really bumpy, I turned and looked at the Sheriff and jokingly said "can you please not make it bumpy?" and he proceeded to hit the brakes continuously until I took the picture, lol!

It was so pretty!


We tried to get a selfie in front of the tree, but the darn thing kept changing colors on us and we were unable to get a good shot.

This is how I wanted our selfie to look!

And if life could not get any better, the Sound of Music was on!  I recorded it at the Sheriff's house and we watched it after the Christmas lights.  Mr. Pie acted like I was sticking needles in his eyes by making him watch it, he eventually fell asleep face down in the couch, lol.  I enjoyed half of it until I fell asleep, I think the Sheriff is the only one who watched it all.

Yes, the hills are alive with the Sound of Music!

LOL, poor kid!

And just for memories sake, this is what our Christmas looked like last year!



I hope everyone had a great weekend and if I don't see you, have a VERY Merry Christmas!




No comments:

Post a Comment