Super Dad is having major surgery tomorrow morning on his pancreas along with the removal of his gallbladder and duodenum and we are all very nervous, anxious and happy to get this done. Over the Summer he went to ER for extreme back pain and after a CT scan was diagnosed with a couple tumors on his pancreas. After a couple of weeks of waiting on some test results we were told they were noncancerous and it was probably the best day of our family's life. I posted this back in July and yes it was very vague but I kept it that way to celebrate but keep Super Dad's health issues private. Well now he is headed into surgery and well he/we need all of your good thoughts and prayers. So if praying, lighting candles, chanting, fingers crossed or sending good thoughts is your thing then please send them his way, this is a delicate/complicated procedure and he will need all he can get to make this a successful procedure and we will be forever grateful for your support. Super Dad will be in ICU for 2-3 days and in the hospital for at least 10 days. As of right now he will not be allowed to have any visitors for the first few days besides immediate family and after that it will just depend on him, the Doctors and how he is feeling. If you would like to visit please call, text or email us before you come and please do not be offended if we tell you "no". It is very important that Super Dad does not get sick, so if you have any type of sniffle or ailment please stay home and we will be happy to tell him you are thinking of him and wish him well. I will be posting updates as often as I can, this seems the easiest way to keep family and friends updated, but feel free to send a text or an email and I will get back to you as soon as I can. My email is recgirlem@gmail.com and if you need my number just ask and I will get it to you. As of right now it would probably be best to contact me as Super Mom is a nervous wreck and I think it might be to overwhelming for her to have to respond to everyone. Our family thanks you for all of your love and support and we are confident that Super Dad will make it through just fine!
xoxo, erin
No comments:
Post a Comment