Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Update & a Huge Thank You!

Hi Everyone!!!

First off I want to thank everyone for all of their kind words, thoughts and prayers, you have no idea how much that means to us, it was a long day so every comment, "Like" and text message helped us get through the day, you all are AWESOME!  Our day started at 7am and from the get go everyone at the hospital has been wonderful and they have taken great care of Super Dad.  The surgery lasted approx. 6 hours and he was one of the last patients to be wheeled into ICU around 5pm, so there was a lot of waiting and wondering how everything was going.  We got hourly updates up until the end then we did not get one for two and half hours and then there was a lot more waiting while he was in the recovery room and then we were finally able to see him.  I had mentally prepared myself for him to look horrible, be covered in wires and tubes and be in a lot of pain, but I was pleasantly surprised when we walked in and he was awake, kind of loopy and slightly yellow, however, he did tells us probably 25 times how dry his mouth was (from the anesthesia) and that his stomach hurt (well Dude, you just had major surgery on your gut, so your stomach should hurt).  At one point he was trying to figure out how they could get my mom's stew or pizza into his feeding tube, ahhhh the poor nurse who has to listen to that all night long.  After everyone had a chance to visit with him, we said our goodbye's and let the nurses do their jobs since they were getting ready for a shift change.  I'm starting to worry about him and after convincing my Mom to go home and rest, I think we need to go back and be with him, however, there is really no where for us to sit in his room, so perhaps a phone call to check in on him is in order.  I am sure he is fine though.  Thanks again for everything, I will now leave you with a post surgery picture, he seriously insisted that I take one and put it on my blog, not sure what he was thinking, lol. 

Thumbs up and all!  

I did change the filter on the photo to make his less yellow.

Fingers crossed for good sleep and very little pain for Super Dad tonight.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness, Erin, Super Dad looks so good! SIX hours of surgery--whoa--I'm glad your Dad insisted you take the pic. You are so welcome for our part--all we could do, thoughts, prayer, hope. Thank you for your part! Such positive updates to keep us from worrying! And so good you could be with your Mom. Cute that your Dad is already talking about your Mom's stew. Do you know when your Dad is likely to get to go home? xoxox Maureen

    ReplyDelete