Saturday, January 4, 2014

Big Bear 2014 - Tubing

What a fantastic day!  The Sheriff, Mr. Pie, my sister Kathy and two of my favorite kiddo's Cole and Mari and I hit the slopes for some tubing action.  I have wanted to do this for years and today I was finally able to check it off my (mental) list (perhaps, I should actually make a list so I can check things off).  We headed up to Big Bear bright and early this morning with enough jackets and gloves to clothe a small army and met up with three of the Ferguson Four, the weather was perfect and the slopes were empty for a short period of time.  We tubed for about 2.5 hours and then called it quits, there were so many people it was hard to move around and the snow was getting really sticky and making the tubes move much slower, thankfully the lines moved quickly and there was not a lot of waiting around.  The kids had a blast, Cole and Mr. Pie have become fast friends and they were so happy to be together (so awesome) and I am so glad we were all able to be together.  After tubing we tailgated in the parking lot with sandwiches hoping that it would buy us time for someone to find Mr. Pie's gloves in the tube I was using (doh, I forgot they were in there and they were brand new) and turn them into the lost and found, no such luck.  

The Sheriff and Mr. Pie

Looks like they are having fun.






Just one week ago we were standing on the beaches in Kauai.

After we left tubing we went to Bear Mountain to check out snowboard school for Mr. Pie, we are already planning our next trip up the mountain. 

We then headed to Big Bear Village we got a late afternoon snack/second lunch at this really good hole in the wall pizza place, Saucy Mama's.

YUM YUM

I had to take a photo of this cause I have a slight love for bungee cords and I thought this was funny.

2014 is already off to a great start I can't wait to see what else we will get to do in the near future.




No comments:

Post a Comment