Super Dad continues to do very well post-op, he is up walking around several times a day, he is able to sit in a chair for extended periods of time and he is still enjoying his diet of ice chips. However, the one thing that is not working in his favor is his pain medication, thankfully he does not seem to be in much pain, but he is having a bad reaction to the pain meds mentally. At times he is very confused, his mind seems to be racing all of the time, making it hard to rest, and today my mom caught him trying to rip off the bandage that is holding the IV in place in his neck because he was dreaming there was a post it note stuck on there (I know, it is hard not to laugh). His anesthesiologist comes by everyday to check on his epidural and to make sure he is feeling good and after my mom talked to him about everything that was going on they were able to remove the narcotics from the pain medication and hopefully he will be able to get some rest and not be so confused.
Today I dropped the Littles off with my sister at the hospital after a fun day at Knott's Berry Farm and sleepover at Auntie Erin's (more on that tomorrow) and I could tell Super Dad was totally out of it, he tried hard to pull it together but it was too much with the Littles, Mr. Pie, my Mom, sister and I in the room. We stayed only stayed for a few minutes because the kids were getting antsy and it was just time to go.
Tomorrow Super Dad's epidural will be removed, fingers crossed that his pain will be manageable and normal Dad will come back. I will heading to the hospital tomorrow night after work, so I will update you all again then. Thanks again for your continued support.
erin
No comments:
Post a Comment