Super Dad has had a great day so far, this morning when we arrived he was wide awake and feeling great and his Doctor came by around 11am and told him that he was doing well enough to leave the ICU (they are still looking for a bed for him) and that he could have ice chips, he was stoked about the ice chips and I think he could care less where he sleeps. Around noon Super Mom and I left to go get lunch and to let him rest, he has been napping on and off ever since, I think this mornings activities have worn him out (eating ice chips, super mom and I, the noise and the nurses coming in and out). It is pretty loud in here and he is in the room closest to the main doors to the unit so they are opening and closing every 5 seconds and lots of noise comes with it. All things considered he looks great and there are no areas for concern at the moment, fingers crossed things remain same and he continues to get better. Thanks again for all of the emails and texts, it is kind of hard to get back to everyone with all of the interruptions, but I have received them and forwarded them on to Super Mom and we thank you for them.
xoxo, erin
PS - the Doctor took his bandages off and the incision is HUGE, holy cow at least 8 inches long with a ton of staples and it looks great. Super Dad wanted a photo taken and it posted on the blog, but I have decided to spare you all, you can thank me now.
No comments:
Post a Comment