The end of my four day weekend is quickly approaching and it was a fast one! I was off Friday and the Sheriff was supposed to be at some HAZMAT training thingy so I was planning on a day of housework and laundry but instead I got an awesome text message late Thursday night saying he was off on Friday. So we met up, took the pups to the park, hopped into the car drove to Marina del Rey to pick something up, stopped in Newport to see Super Dad at Hoag on our way home, went back to my house, I jumped back into my car to go get my hair cut, got my hair cut, ran into my friend Carrie, drove back to the sheriff's house, we ran to Home Depot, grabbed some dinner and crashed on his couch.
Saturday, I went to paddling practice, note to self, NEVER take a couple months off, you develop middle jiggle and your arms are just not ready for two hours of paddling. After practice I met up with my friends Chara and Lisa at Bella Terra for lunch, I stopped off to see Super Dad and made dinner for the Sheriff and Mr. Pie.
Sunday, I was soooo incredibly sore (again, do not ever take months off from paddling), had a park date with the Sheriff, Mr. Pie and the pups and then we headed to HB for a bike ride. The weather has been in the 80's all week and the beach was just beautiful, so what better way to spend the day but at the beach on bikes. We rode around for a couple hours stopped off for ice cream and then headed home to another tasty crock pot meal, I am seriously loving the Sheriff's crock pot and it makes it so nice to open up the pot at 6pm and dinner is ready. We enjoyed, beef brisket, mashed potatoes and baked broccoli (I need to share the broccoli recipe, it is so good and easy to make). The Sheriff crashed on the couch and I enjoyed an evening of House Hunters.
And now here we are today, Monday night the last of my four days off, it was a busy day, I got up early to go visit Super Dad, had breakfast with the Sheriff and Mr. Pie, it was touch and go for a few minutes, I was starving when I got to their house and I was not a happy camper. After we survived breakfast it was time to tackle all of their laundry; there were clothes to be folded and a lot more to be washed. I declared today the day that Mr. Pie learned how to sort clothes, load and run the washing machine, he put a up a little resistance in the beginning but with a lot of encouragement and praise, he was running the washer and dryer just like a pro. The Sheriff taught him how to fold his clothes as I went through his drawers getting rid of all of the stuff that was too small and bagging it for its new home. It was truly a team effort to get chores done around the house and do the grocery shopping, BTW, I think things between the Sheriff and I are getting serious, we went to Costco today and we split a thing of paper towels and some fruits and veggies, lol. After the splitting of paper goods, we went to Barnes & Noble for some more AR books for Mr. Pie (please shoot me NOW), it was not pretty but with some tough love, almost tears and a work and reward system put into place Mr. Pie actually eagerly started reading a book the Sheriff picked out, I call that a win actually scratch that it is more like a MAJOR VICTORY, yay for US and after a random dinner at Whole Paycheck Foods we went home finished the rest of the laundry and called it a night. Dang, I am tired, I need a few days to recover, good thing I am going to work in the morning.
Hope you all had a good weekend as well, Super Dad continues to do great, he was able to add Jello, coffee and some other items to his diet tonight but still no word when he will be coming home. :(
No comments:
Post a Comment