Around 6:00pm tonight Super Dad was finally moved out of the ICU and up to the 6th floor, this was awesome because it meant he was doing really well but on the flip side it was a bummer because he was getting great care in ICU and he only had to share his nurse with one other person. The 6th floor is full of so many unknowns for us and is so much larger and so much busier than the ICU and I was not digging it when we left, but it was also right at shift change and right as he was transferred so he had one nurse for about 10 minutes before the new one started for the night and that left a very uneasy feeling for me even though that happened last night. Leaving tonight was a lot harder than leaving last night and I cried pretty much the entire drive home, I was worried that he would be in pain or that something would go wrong and no one be there to help him, I mean shoot he had trouble getting ice into is mouth most of today due to the tube coming out of his nose and the only thing I kept telling myself was that he has the heart monitors on him, so if something goes wrong they will sound an alarm and help will come. The good news is that I posted on Facebook that he moved to the 6th floor and one of my friends (Thank You Kristin) said she works that floor (she is on maternity leave, boo) and she reassured me that everything will be fine and they keep a closer eye on the new transfers and that it is most likely a 3-1 patient to nurse ratio, so I felt better. So, fingers crossed for a quiet night for Super Dad and I cannot wait to get back there tomorrow night.


No comments:
Post a Comment