Sunday, January 5, 2014

Making Memories in a Jar!

Yesterday as we were driving to Big Bear the Sheriff and I sat and chit chatted all the way there about life and as we did we were reflecting upon the last year of (which we kind of do often) and just marveled at all of the things we have done and all of the fun memories we have made and wondered how we have had time for everything.  In the Sheriff's words "I have not had a free weekend since I met you" to which I laughed cause it is true, we have been on the go every weekend or doing some kind of house project.  I replied back "well it is better than sitting at home on the couch watching tv" even though one or two of those types of weekends might be nice, cause I am exhausted!  Anyways, the other day I saw something on Facebook that caught my eye and I thought it might be fun for us to do with Mr. Pie.  All it was was a mason jar and small pieces of paper and the idea behind it was for one year every time you did something fun, accomplished a goal, did well at school, experienced something that made you laugh out loud or was something that you just wanted to remember you write it down on a small piece of paper, fold it up and put it in the jar and on December 31, 2014 open the jar up and read all of the pieces of paper together and reflect upon what a great year 2014 was.  I told the Sheriff about this and he thought it was a good idea (since we have trouble remembering all of the fun stuff we did this past summer), so I headed off to Michael's today and picked up a few supplies and made a jar for the three of us to put our memories into, I hope it is not too girly.    




I love the fact that we already have three things to put in there and it is only January 5th!  I am so excited to see what 2014 holds for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment