Monday, March 23, 2015

Kids at Play!

Funny Story:  Never in my life did I think I would be buying one of these…
But the parents live on a cul-de-sac and the kiddo’s love to ride their bikes and play in the street and the time has come that four of the six kiddo’s are on wheels and we can no longer keep track of them all at the same time.  So I had mentioned to Super Mom that we needed a giant green turtle to alert the drivers that there are kids playing in the street.  Everyone agreed since our trusty orange Home Depot bucket in the middle of the road did not really scream “slow down, kids at play”.  Afterwards no one really said who would buy the thing, the parents are always so generous towards the kids that I did not think they needed to purchase the sign so it was kinda up in the air.  Fast forward to yesterday I was lounging on the couch and I saw my neighbors pull theirs out so I hopped on Amazon and bought one in under 6 seconds including the quick Craigslist search for a cheaper one.  In the matter of two clicks I now had a giant green turtle on its way to my house via FREE shipping within the next couple days.  Later yesterday afternoon I headed to the parents house for dinner and mention to my Mom that I bought one of those green turtle things and she laughs and says she bought one too.  Turns out she logged onto Amazon and bought one just hours before me.  I was going to cancel my order but before I could I got an email saying my order has been shipped, doh!  We are now the proud owners of two green turtles and our kiddo’s will be extra safe.  You should have seen the eye roll from Super Dad and the thought going through his head that his garage will never be free of baby/kid stuff as long as he lives.  HA HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment