Sunday, January 9, 2011

Adventures in Pet Parenting!

What do these three pictures have in common?






Well, the thing these three pictures have in common is Gracie and I's Sunday adventure!  No, we did not bake pumpkin pies, no, we did not willingly play in the mud and no, we did not nap all day! It all started due to the fact that the rain has finally stopped long enough to let some of the local trails dry out (or so I thought!), so today Gracie and I headed back out to O'neil Park for a much needed hike and that is where the story began! 

  Gracie and I met up with friends early this morning for some fresh air and sunshine, about midway through the hike Gracie found a dead bird and ate it all, bones and feathers included (the thought still makes me want to vomit), that is where the pumpkin comes into play (per the ER Vet, it helps the bones pass through her system, thank goodness it was only a phone call to the Vet).  At the same time Gracie was enjoying her bird, we hit the mud, it was like adding 5lbs. weights to each foot as we trudged through the mud (there was no way around it), as you can see we brought a lot of mud home with us and the third and final picture is of Gracie sleeping on her bed, I can tell her stomach is not feeling so great (she did not ask to eat dinner tonight, that is a huge sign that things are not well), and she has hardly moved from her bed all afternoon and night. Wish me a quiet night and happy stomach for Gracie, cause I have a feeling there is going to be more to this story around 2am. 

1 comment:

  1. ew yuck! and eventually that bird is going to have to "come out." yuck yuck!

    ReplyDelete