Sunday, January 30, 2011

Tag your it!

    With all of the sewing going on at my place lately, the feeling of great accomplishment and the giving away of my handy work, I decided that my creations needed one more thing before they were sent to their new homes, labels/tags (call them what you want).  Originally, I was searching for a company to make my labels, but after a little research on the internet I determined that there was no reason I couldn't create my own.  So, I gathered my supplies (yes, it did involve ANOTHER trip to JoAnn's), twill tape, iron transfer paper, my iron and my printer.

    Funny story about my printer, a couple weeks ago I was cleaning out my closet and there sat my trusty printer, she (yes, she is a she) worked overtime during college and now was enjoying retirement in my closet after years of use, I kept looking at her, kind of annoyed that she was taking up so much space in my closet and I sat and seriously contemplated selling her on craigslist.  After much thought, I decided to keep her, I have no idea why but she was here to stay for a little longer.  Well my friends, good thing I kept her, she has been put to good use for my latest wild idea!  With a little design using my favorite fonts I came up with my very own label, I know it's not to terribly exciting when you look at it, but I was working with limited space and a new version of publisher that I have not mastered yet, so this is it for now!

I added my blog address, I really need more followers!
My work station, the kitchen table is covered in sewing stuff, so the kitchen counter is where I had to set up shop!

1 comment: