For birthday (September) I received a new sewing machine and today I finally put it to good use. I have had a thousand ideas floating around in my head of what I want to make, mostly baby/kid things for friends and family and I knew I wanted to start with something simple since I was slightly afraid of my sewing machine. I have been busy practicing with scrap pieces of fabric testing out the settings and different stitches. Thank goodness the machine came with a DVD on how to work it, I seriously have watched the "how to thread your machine" 100 times, I am happy to report that I have been really successful at this part so far! So, for my very first project since Mrs. Loyd's 8th grade "Home Economics" class ( A LONG LONG time ago), I whipped out some burp cloths for my sister in law Shannon (click here to view baby Caroline's anticipated arrival)! As long as you do not look to closely I think they turned out really well, this is one of those, "it's the thought that counts" gifts, cause they so were not done by a professional! I had a lot of fun making them, I am shocked how much time I spent on each one, I guess with time I will become a lot faster.
These look fantastic, Erin! I love the fabric you found. Caroline's a lucky girl!
ReplyDeleteWow, those ones are REALLY creative especially for your first time! Sad to say I've been making them for a year and I still just do the single strip down the middle. Love the cupcake!
ReplyDelete