Thursday, January 13, 2011

What's for Dinner?

Everyday I struggle to figure out what I am going to eat for dinner, it is really hard because I work 10:30am-7:30pm and by the time I get home (8ish) I am tired and the last thing I want to do is start cooking.  So, for months now I have been living off salads, well I am sick of salads and sandwiches for dinner are not on the top of my list, so I am on a mission to find dinner makings that do not require much cooking (only a microwave and toaster oven at work).  Well, yesterday I ran into Trader Joe's for a couple things and ended up coming home with a new dinner idea.  Apparently, I went at the perfect time, it was dinner time and the Trader Joe's peeps were busy cooking at their little taster station and this is what I came home with....


  • Trader Joe's "Just Chicken" it is already cooked, ready to go and tastes really good!
  • Trader Joe's "Bruschetta" = AMAZING!
  • Trader "penne pasta"
All you have to do is cook the pasta, toss in some bruschetta (I drain the oil, before tossing in), add the chicken and voila (sp?), dinner is served.  This worked out perfect for me, I cooked the pasta before I left for work and was able to warm it up in the microwave and the best part was I had enough for lunch and dinner!  I have to say I was a bit unsure purchasing the chicken, but I was really impressed with it and I know that if I go back to my salad dinners, I can throw a some of the chicken to my salad to make it more of a meal.  Yay, for a tasty dinner!

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment