Today it was a HOT HOT day in Rancho Santa Margarita, when I got back form my lunch/dinner break at 5pm it was 92 degrees out, just a little toatsy. Well, I pull into the parking lot and I notice a car that was parked basically in the middle of the road, so I pull into the nearest spot and as I get out of my car I notice a 2 year old little girl looking out the window of the car that was parked in the middle of the road. I walk up to the car and at this point my blood is starting to boil cause I realize that she is in a locked car with the windows up and no air conditioning on. I try to open all of the car doors but the car is locked, I look around and cannot find her parents anywhere. Trying to figure out what my next move is, cause I cannot just leave her there. A couple minutes later her mom comes walking out of the community center like it is no big deal that she just left her child in a hot car. Well, I am mad! I start yelling at the mom telling her what a bad mom she is for leaving her child in the car all alone on a hot day with no fresh air. I yell at her for probably 5 minutes. In the meantime as I am yelling and causing a scene she opens the car door and I realize there is also an infant in there. WHO DOES THAT? How can anyone in their right mind leave two babies in the car all alone? So, I yell some more, I am even more mad now that I see the infant in the car also. It was so sad to see the little girl, she was dripping in sweat when then POS of a mother opened the car door. Poor baby, it made me want to take both kids out and take them home.
Well, tomorrow afternoon this bad mom will find me waiting in the parking lot for her and I will have someone from the Sheriff's department waiting inside the community center for her to come in to pick up her older child and give her the lecture of a lifetime. I cannot wait to see the look on her face and her to know she messed with the wrong blonde, cause this blonde does not tolerate behavior like this. If she cannot not take the time to unbuckle her kids and bring them inside with her to ensure their safety then she does not deserve the right to keep them. Let me tell you, she will never forget me!!!
So this is my public service announcement, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE do not leave your kids unattended in a car. Children die every year due to being locked in hot cars. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 'a locked car sitting in the summer sun quickly turns into an oven,' and 'temperatures can climb from 78 degrees to 100 degrees in just three minutes, to 125 degrees in 6-8 minutes.". That is way to hot for a child. Below is a link safekids.org and a pledge that every parent should take!
Please pass this blog post on to all of your friends and family or repost on your blog!

OMG this post almost made me cry! How can anyone do that to their kids? Even if it was only 2 minutes you TAKE THEM IN WITH YOU or dont go at all!! Has she not SEEN allllll the news articles on moms/dads that have accidentally done this and ended up KILLING their babies. So so so so sad. Im glad you said something to her cuz honestly, it will make her think twice next time she even THINKS about doing that again.
ReplyDelete