Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A quick Trip up North

Gracie and I are back from our mini vacay this weekend!  We had a great time visiting the saladbowl steiny's aka Kate, Jason and Charlie dog, in Salinas hence the the saladbowl name over the weekend.  After a busy morning on Thursday, new brakes and an oil change for my car, some moral support for my Mom and lunch at the Champagne Bakery, Gracie and I got on the road about 2pm and headed out to see our friends.  We made great time and arrived there in just over 6 hours on the road.  Gracie was an awesome travel dog, she slept 99% of the time, only needed one bathroom break and did not chew on any part of the car during the trip, way to go GRACIE! 

Friday:

Kate, Charlie, Gracie and I hit the road for a day of adventure.  First stop was Garland Ranch for a nice morning hike and an unexpected swim for the dogs.  Kate's pup Charlie is a mixed breed (Lab &?) and lets just say his water loving Lab genes were pretty much non existent until Gracie came to town.  About mid hike we came upon this pond that I am still not sure if it is safe to swim in but we let the pups go in anyways.  Lets just say we practically had to drag the pups out by their tails cause they were having soooo much fun.


Everyone needs a self portrait

Look at her FLY!

Catch me if you can Charlie!

Look at that skill Gracie has, she makes me so proud!


After our hike at Garland Ranch we headed to Carmel for an afternoon at the beach.  It was really windy but that did not stop Gracie and her new water loving friend Charlie from enjoying a nice afternoon in the waves. 


A post beach kiss in the back of the station wagon (Trouble!)

After the beach we loaded up the pups and went to get lunch at this lil Italian restaurant that Kate loves, it was so good.  Here are a few pics of the inside of the restaurant, our lunch and some nut who had a hairbrush sticking out of the side of her head. 



Good news there is another location at South Coast Plaza.

I could of loaned her a clip.

After lunch we visited the City of Seaside where Kate works. Lol, I told my boss that I needed the time off so that I could go do some "research" for work by visiting the City of Seaside instead of going to the Santa Margarita Water Districts annual water awareness day on Saturday.  I told her I would come back with great ideas on how we could promote our programs and I think I have found it....

A bus should do the trick!

Proof I was there!

After we visited the City of Seaside we headed home, gave the pups a much needed bath and crashed for the afternoon!

Saturday:

Kate and I left the pups with Jason and ran a couple errands and visited downtown Salinas (woohoo), not a bustling city, but we had a good time walking around and hitting up the local fabric/craft store.  


I showed amazing self control and only came home with these!

Sunday:

We hit the Gilroy outlet stores with the church youth group, I however did not bring enough dog food for Gracie so I went off on my own in search of her special dog food and after I located some I went and did a little shopping.  It has been a few years since I have been to these outlets and I was shocked when I saw this...
Yes, that is esprit, they went out of business years ago and somehow managed to make a come back!  Oh, how I loved esprit when I was growing up.

Thanks Kate, Jason and Charlie for a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment