Monday, May 9, 2011

Now, this is kinda cool!!

So last week I blogged about the horrible mother that locked her children in the HOT HOT  HOT car and when she came out I yelled and screamed at her for doing so.  After that incident I had arranged for one of the head honchos at the RSM sheriff's department to come out the next day and educate "bad Mom" on the dangers of children and hot cars, but get this "bad Mom" never showed up again.  Normally, her older child goes to the YMCA in our building everyday after school, but after this incident he has not been back.  I love it, now I know she thinks about her horrible actions everyday when she should be picking up her son from the YMCA.  To me this is mission accomplished, I hope I saved those babies lives click here to read all about it.  Well, my Mom passed my blog post on to many of her friends just to help get the word out on how dangerous it is to leave children in hot cars and I have to say I am pretty pleased with the response I/she got back.  Below are a few responses that we received....

  • Good job, Erin (Noel Ross)
  • Oh wow. Did Erin really talk to this woman or was it something she read and posted on her blog??
    Crazy people, huh?!! (Patti Prizler)
  • Yes, she really DID talk to the woman that way.  She's amazing/surprising!  It was unbelievable that the woman could have cared less, especially when her toddler was dripping with sweat. (My Mom to Patti)
  • Awesome! On all of it. So thrilled that she had the gumption to hold her accountable. Love that!! Did she get photos of it too?? That would be great cuz it would hold up in court better. CPS and the courts have many loop holes. (Patti Prizler- Part 2)
  • Hi Jodi and youall, you can kiss your butt goodbye, if you get caught leaving children or pets unattended/unsupervised (adult) in a closed vehicle, ANYTIME, here in Australia.  (Lex Morris)
  • Thanks for the message! I am right there with you on this note! We are the ones that are supposed to be taking special care of the children. Erin is so right! (Judi Fabrizio)
  • Hi Erin, Your old nursery school teacher here! Good story, sad story, but I am so proud that you followed through and took care of business. There's a bumper sticker my daughter Tracy has that states,"Speak up, even if your voice is shaking". It's something I try to live by and I wish more people did too. You are quite a young woman. (Shirley York, my preschool teacher)
And for the very BEST part of this story....

Today I received a phone call from one of my part-time staff, Matt. Matt called and said to me "Erin, you have inspired me".  I was kind of curious, I mean who could blame him for wanting to be like me, I think I am the coolest person around (ha ha, kidding), anyway he went on to tell me that he pulled into a parking lot to go grab some food before coming into work and as he was deciding what to go get he heard a baby crying, so he looked around and the car next to him he noticed the windows rolled down and a small baby left all alone in his carseat.  Well, he remembered the saga from last week and sprung into action.  Matt got on the phone and called 911 and told them there was baby left alone in a car near him.  As he was on the phone the mother came out and was yelling and screaming at him for calling the police on her.  She was afraid that they were going to come and take her kids away (they should), Matt yelled at her and told her what a bad Mom she was for leaving her baby all alone in the car.  Thankfully this time it was not hot out, but the baby could of easily been kidnapped and the Mom would never of seen it.  The best part was she knew she was wrong for leaving her baby, but wanted to blame Matt for calling the police (like he had done something wrong, more like way to go Matt) on her and she threatened to call the police on him for yelling at her.  The dumb B*&^%$# (excuse my language) claimed it was not against the law to leave children in the car.  HOW STUPID IS SHE??  Anyway, I am so glad to report that in one week I/we have been able to educate two Mom's on the dangers of leaving their babies in cars all alone!  They better not do it again!! 

To all of my readers, KEEP spreading the word! 

If you live in South Orange County area or the 949 area code like me, when calling 911 from a cell phone it goes to the CHP instead of the local dispatch center, so in order to avoid that you need to dial 949.770.6011 and it will take you straight to dispatch for a quicker response time.  For all of you that do not live in South Orange County or the 949, you need to find out the best number to call from a cell phone in your area and add it to your contacts.  911 is still the best to call from your home and will work from your cell phone, but you can save time and lives if you have the direct dispatch number. 

1 comment:

  1. YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!!!! :) I love your conviction and boldness!!!

    ReplyDelete