Monday, January 2, 2012

Out with the old & in with the NEW!

Happy New Year Everybody!!! Wow, I cannot believe it is already 2012, where did 2011 go? I guess it is true, time flies when you are having fun! Well, it would only be right to start off 2012 with a recap of all the up's and down's of 2011, so here it goes!

January- Ryan started of the new year with his first job as a Dad, learning how to install Caroline's carseat, my friend Melisa was kind enough to come over on her day off and show Ryan how to make sure it was in correctly.

February- My brother & sister in law Shannon welcomed their first baby Caroline Rose into the world on February 8th she was 7lb. 6oz.and perfect.

March- I bought myself a new toy, a red razor scooter!


April- We celebrated Cole's 6th birthday, wow six year's old, he is such a cool kid! I gave up Starbucks and SURVIVED, it was tough the first week but I got through it! I also went and hung out with my cousins in San Diego, it was great to get away and spend time with them!




May- The parent's hosted a meet the babies party!  My cousins Nathan & Katie both had little boys back in September and October and my brother had Caroline in February so it was must that all of the little ones get together and meet, plus it would make really cute photo's!  Gracie took her first road trip up north to visit our friends Kate, Jason & Charlie in Salinas, Gracie and Charlie got caught kissing in the back seat!




June- Caroline learned to dance and we had a dance party at Grammy & Grampy's.  We also went strawberry picking at Tanaka Farms.


July- I learned how to surf with my friend Gina and I cut off all of my hair!



August- We had our annual Mudry family picnic down in Dana Point and we were lucky enough to have Joe & Anne Ferguson and the Renock/Carbajal family there with us as well. I also met Leo on August 20, we had the best first date EVER and I was really lucky to meet him or should I say he was really lucky to me? And, our little Mari girl gave us a huge scare with a mystery illness and a few days at Children's Hospital Los Angeles.


I opened up shop selling my burp cloths at the Rainglen Lane Garage Sale, I sold a few and planned to set up shop in other locations during the summer but that never happened, I am thinking I will try again this year!

We took family photo's this year, I think they turned out great! I really was not digging the idea of the family photo since I would be the only solo one and would kind of stick out like a sore thumb, but I got over that real quick when we all got to the park and it was such a fun day!



September- I celebrated by 33rd birthday, dude I am getting sooooooo old along with my sister (thank goodness she is will always be older!) and Shannon (no fair she will always be younger!) in a joint party with the family!


The parents started the remodel of the house and added on to the dining room and onto my mom's office, what a project but Super Dad was up for the challenge!



Leo and I went to Hollywood and hiked up to the sign, Leo was still a secret at the time so there was no blog post about this.



October- I told my parents about Leo and introduced him to everyone via my blog (no one actually met him, isn't that weird?).  Pulled my first all nighter since college and went to Vegas for the night with Leo and his friends, so much FUN!


November- Ryan, Shannon, Caroline & I went to the Cal State Fullerton pumpkin launch. My Mom created a time capsule to put inside the wall of the house, hopefully someday someone will find it!  I was denied membership to pinterest, we cheered Orange High School on to VICTORY and I bought Gracie & I a little Christmas tree for our patio.






December- This month did not start off great, Leo and I broke up, it was sad and I wish it never happened, but everything happens for a reason and I am thankful for his friendship and the time we were together.
Christmas rolled around at the same time it does every year! My Mom made a fantastic Christmas Eve dinner, we went to church and then the dam broke! My parent's were hosting Christmas Day with approximately 18 people in attendance, well dear old Mom got the stomach flu and was not able to participate in Christmas at all and that meant my sister Kathy and I would have to get dinner on a table. Nothing like learning how to cook a roast by flying by the seat of your pants! Thank goodness for google & the Internet, Christmas dinner was saved and enjoyed by all!


Work was crazy busy with the planning of the City of Rancho Santa Margarita's New Year's Eve Event, but ultimately it was a HUGE success (GO ME!). I worked a 12 hour day on my feet, got home around 10:30pm and was in bed by 11:00pm, so needless to say my inner party like a rockstar did not come out, cause there was no way I was going to stay up till midnight! Lol! Gosh I sound OLD!

This was a quick recap of a lot of the fun we had this year, I hope everyone had a safe and sound New Year's Eve and I wish everyone the best in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment