This past week my cousins Katie & Darrell (don't worry, he is a cousin by marriage, I don't have cousins who marry cousins) closed escrow on their very first house!!! I am so excited for them, I know this is something that they have wanted for a long time now and they have it! It is a cute 3 bedroom 2 bath place with a really large family room, office and huge backyard in San Diego. This house kind of took everyone by surprise as they were not planning on moving until closer to July or August due to their current lease with the apartment that they have been renting, but in just three weeks time they found it, put an offer in, bought it and moved in. It worked out great with my every other Friday off this week that I could go down to San Diego and help them pack and move. Friday I went down spent the whole day packing, keeping tabs on Derek and climbing the stairs to their garage with them. We ventured out of the house for meals, a couple trips to the new house, home depot and around town for one thing or another, we all had a great time together and worked well as a team. Saturday they had a huge group of friends who were kind enough to give up their Saturday morning and help them move! I was thrilled to have all of these peeps there cause I knew I would not have to move large pieces of awkward furniture up stairs and into a truck, dude, I am getting old and my body hurt BAD Friday night from all of the work we did. Here are a few pics from the moving weekend.....
A roasting pan and pacifier kept Derek quiet it for few minutes!
Katie with power tools?
The New Homeowners!!
Part of the Moving Crew!
Darrell behind the wheel of the Uhaul.
Darrell, Derek & Auntie Janis aka Grandma.
The kitchen midway through unpacking, I am standing by my phone for Katie to call and ask where I put something!
Pizza lunch, the first meal in their new house!
CHEERS! Champagne Toast to their new house!
Congrats Katie, Darrell & Derek, I am soooo HAPPY for you, glad I could be apart of your special day!
No comments:
Post a Comment