Tuesday, January 3, 2012

What to do?

So I like my boss a lot most days of the week and I like her kids cause they are NOT whinny little brats, but what do you do when one of her kids makes you  a little art project to hang in your office?  I mean, you thank the child for the artwork, you tell them it looks awesome, you hang it up cause the child is standing right there and she is kind of expecting it, you know your boss/the mother of this child knows all about the little art project, so how long is one obligated to hold on to said piece of artwork?  A week, two weeks, a month? I have looked at this thing for almost a week and I am ready to toss it! What does one do?  I am the sole bread winner (Gracie has yet to get a job), I don't want to rock the boat, so how long do I hold onto this thing for? 

I know it is cute, but really?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Perhaps you should take it home with you where you can continue to enjoy this lovely artwork and where it can possibly make it's way into the recycle bin on a Thurs. morning! When asked by boss/child where the artwork has gone, you can say that you decided it would look great in your living room so you took it home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a gift (for my office) from a coworker that was awful. You know what I did, I hung it on the back of my computer screen where I NEVER had to look at it but she could see it every time she came into my office. The second I moved out though, it found its way to the bottom of my garbage can.

    ReplyDelete